Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wyff4.com/news/22707850/detail.htmlhttp://www.wyff4.com/slideshow/news/22713590/detail.html

^There are pictures and video at the link.

Shelter: Breeders Abandon 'Wrong Color' Puppies
Puppies, Dogs Dropped Off In U-Haul Truck

Beth Brotherton, WYFF News 4 Anchor/ Reporter

POSTED: 4:07 pm EST March 1, 2010
UPDATED: 3:46 pm EST March 2, 2010

GREENVILLE, S.C. --

Twenty-two dogs were dropped off at the Greenville County Animal Shelter in a U-Haul truck. The shelter manager says its because the puppies were the wrong color.

Shelter manager Shelly Simmons says it's evidence of a growing problem, amateur dog breeding. "We've never had a U-Haul before," she said.
Simmons said the owners were trying to breed "blue" pit bulls because they sell for higher prices. Instead, they got 17 puppies in every color except blue.

"You have amateur breeders who try to have puppies for the wrong reason and when they do that they end up over their heads," Simmons said.

The shelter is trying to find homes for all of the puppies and the parents. The Greenville Humane Society doesn't adopt out pit bulls and all of the usual rescue groups are full. The dogs are healthy, just not what was ordered.

"Breeding puppies is like having children, it is very expensive to properly care for animals, they were not educated and there in lies the problem," said Linda Ayers of the Greenville Kennel Club.

Six pit bull puppies are available now, as are the adults. The cost is $60. Shots, micro-chips and spay or neutering are included. Interested adopters can call Greenville County Animal Care Services at 467-3950 or email [email protected].

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's so sad.
I just don't understand people.
They are in it for the money, but what people don't seem to realize if you do all the things your supposed to, vet trips for the pregnant mom, shots and things and holding on to them til the right age, you really don't make much money off them.
and it shouldn't be about the money so much.
They're living breathing animals, that deserve only the best.
It's so irritating.
I could go on for hours.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
That really grinds my gears! That is horrible! What pathetic people, BYB suck arse!
I feel so bad for the little puppies! I hope they find loving homes! I wanna squeeze them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What scum! I have a rescue and she is The Best! So much unconditional love. These amtuer breeders should be fined and banned from ever breeding. They are bringing innocent lives into the world with no regard for life. Pits are such beautiful dogs and there's too many that wind up victim of low life fighters and breeders who are cruel and spiritually bankrupt people.

Education and awareness are power. Let's pray that these pups are adopted into loving homes. Adoption is so much better..

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Wow, dumped them off in a u-haul?

I still don't see their reasoning. I mean, they bred them for money. I understand that maybe in BYB land, blue pups sell for higher prices, but wouldn't selling them at a lower rate be more profitable than dropping them at the shelter, especially figuring they're out the cost of the U-haul now, too.

And, why are only 6 available for adoption?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts