Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I just found this forum & I am quite happy because i've had so many questions about my new puppy & if she is a pit, I would like to know from experienced owners what are the dos and don'ts with her? Luckily I live in an area that allows me to have the breed, though I adopted her from a high kill shelter & in Miami-Dade they are completely banned. She was labeled as a GSD mix, which she most likely is. When she was at the shelter she was too little to know what she really was since her markings could have ment anything.

Still I can't help but think she is also half pit. If she is, is it ok to play tug of war with her? I am firm in my training, & she is such a sweet girl, loves to cuddle (i used to have a pure bred GSD, & I was lucky if i could even cuddle with her for more than 5 min). She definately tests me sometimes, but I am consistant & let her know whose boss. She's going to make an amazing grown up doggie, any suggestions from people who have owned this breed whether it be a mix or not? I just want to make sure I'm doing my best!

I've put some pics up, hope it helps thank you :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! yes i've gotten mastiff, pit, boxer mix, even great dane. she's only 21lbs at 4 months. she could be anything at this point lol

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
YAY! More FL members. :)

She's a cute pup, definitely looks mastiff, or Black Mouth Cur.

Welcome to GP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes Florida is awesome!
Black Mouth Cur, i have never even considered it!
something new to think about.
I will definately it up thank you :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
she is adorable!! Welcome to GP

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
:welcome: I'm enjoying all the Florida members coming aboard :D! Cute pup - enjoy GP

Edit:

She's a mix - I'm going to take a wild guess & say Mastiff/GSD but it's hard to tell. Just give her lots of love is all I can say. IMO mixes & runts make the perfect combination for having the best dog ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome, whatever mix she is , she is adorable. I thought mastiff when i seen the pics :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
what a cutie!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts