Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Shannon, I'm 22 years old from southwest Florida and I have a three year old ADBA female named Odyssey. I've been with the breed since a little kid and as everyone knows; once you go pit, there's no going back. I don't compete in any dog sports but would REALLY like to... we jog regularly but there's just not much going on around here. Thanks for having me and look forward to meeting everyone on the boards!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome Shannon! I'm a Shanon too but spelt with one "N" lol! That is a great picture of you two. Hope you enjoy it here :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Welcome cute pic I'm a sucker for a red head lol ;) is that a Naples beach I see??

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwww great picture! Welcome! My folks live in the fort myers area, its paradise :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum , great pic :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aww thanks so much everyone for the welcomes and kind words :). I actually am a brunette (but also quite Irish) so in the sun that may be why it looks somewhat reddish. That was at Boca Grande, by far our favorite place and if anyone is familiar with the area it is the best beach spot to go to especially if you have a dog. I am further north than Naples by about 2 hours drive on the interstate, but still not too far!

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Another FL bulldog!! YAY!
I like taking Ecko to Davis Island West of Tampa. I live on the East Coast in Cocoa Beach area, but I have friends in Riverview and Largo that let me crash with kids and dog in tow. LOL!
Welcome to GP!!

PS Your dog has a sweet face. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another FL bulldog!! YAY!
I like taking Ecko to Davis Island West of Tampa. I live on the East Coast in Cocoa Beach area, but I have friends in Riverview and Largo that let me crash with kids and dog in tow. LOL!
Welcome to GP!!

PS Your dog has a sweet face. :)
YAY! Do you guys on here ever think about organizing state or area meets? I'd be interested in that as I don't know anyone who has APBT locally and is serious about it. There's nothing wrong with having pets but I want to get out and have a goal with my dog... they're too damn athletic and driven not to. Not that I'm telling anyone here something new! ;) hehe

I have browsed other forums over the years and I really am looking forward to becoming a member of the community. Thanks again for the warm welcomes, as they are greatly appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I believe there are groups in the Tampa area that sponsor APBT working shows. I have a Bully/pet. I walk him and take him to the beach but that about covers it. I think the members on here with proper working dogs in FL are in the Port St Lucy area if I remember right. Sometimes at shows one or two of us might meet up and hang for a bit, but it depends on where the show is and wether work will allow it.
I'll see if I can find a club or something in your area and I'll PM you with what I find. :)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the pack, and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. Gorgeous pup you got there. I haven't lived in Florida since I was 11 yrs old, so I'm unable to point you directly to a club or organization in your area. You can, however, check the ADBA site for sanctioned events/clubs in your area or surrounding areas. Also, if you have a facebook page, you can like their page to have updates posted in your newsfeed so you can stay on top of current events. They're listed on face book as Ad Ba (guess that's the only way they could set up their page *shrug*). I hope that helps you out some. Best of luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you around these parts more often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts