Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emma the wonder pibble and I hail from BSL jail here in Ontario. I adopted her from the Toronto Humane Society after the ban was passed, knowing that their facility was overflowing with lonely little pibbles. She was almost born and raised there, having been given up as a pup with mange. When I adopted her she was a year old and had missed exposure to many normal things during important developmental stages, consequently she was fear-submissive and still shows small vestiges of this now at six years old. She was also completely bald from head to tail on top, extending down the shoulders and flanks, and paws, large flaky patches of itchy skin stinking to high heaven! When I sat with her alone at the facility, gave her a big hug and told her she was coming home with me, I swear she looked at me like she was saying: "Are you sure? I stink so much nobody wants to touch me!" After signing a behavioural and medical waiver that showed this little peanut had endured more insecticidal dips and meds and other parasites and goodness knows what else, she haltingly but happily came home. She is the most affectionate dog of any breed with whom I've ever shared my life. So hello to all from Emma and I :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome from B.C. :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Welcome and thank you for rescuing her! I am surprised that they bothered to keep and care for her for that long. Most shelters and even rescues here keep a dog for 72 hours and then night-night :(

Glad she found you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Toronto Humane Society has been criticized for their no-kill policy but I for one am glad about it!
Jill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts