Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm Arion and my dog's name is Rome. I've been following this forum for about a week now and finally I've decided to join in on some of the conversations.

I bought Rome in a pet shop in Albania (unreliable). The owner sold her to me as a "pit bull," and I'm sure she fits in the category that the general public would refer to as a "pit bull," however it would be nice to know if she is an APBT or what kind of specific breed. Not that it matters, but just for curiosity i guess. I bought her not because she was cute, but because she was by FAR the weakest pet in the whole store, and I wanted to save her from that place ASAP.
it took at least 2 months for her to get back on track and beginning looking healthy. At the time i didn't know what a pleasant surprise she would end up being.

Anyways, even though its probably not gonna mean anything, I would appreciate a few comments on what type of breed ugh.....she looks like....ugh.

thanks
Arion

Attachments

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Without papers you'll never truly know but whatever she is I love her! She is precious! Welcome to GP!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
SHe is so sweet , those ears OMG lol personality plus. But like mentioned above there is no way to tell without papers what breed she is. So many of these breeds that arelumped into the "pitbull" category have similar charcturistics and when mixed its even harder to tell by looks alone. Enjoy her as the pet she was sold to be, Im sure she is forever grateful for you saving her .

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
HI and welcome!! Rome is so darn cute I LOVE those ears!!! :D Like already stated you will never know what breed Rome is but I think you have a winner and really that is all that matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know i will never know. but wanted to see if she looked more like one breed than the other. Obviously doesn't matter because i wasn't looking a specific breed when i bought her, just trying to get her out of there.

she is a lovely dog!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome! Those ears are fantastic. She sure is a beauty whatever combo she is. Thanks for saving her.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D I luv them ears!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I should also talk a little about her temperament.
Most important thing is that she is not only DA but aggressive against everything that is not a human. Hence no cats, no birds, no squirrels, no horses, nothing but humans, otherwise she will try to attack it.
she is very high energy meaning if i don't train her or play with her one day because i had to do something, my yard will end up looking like a battlefield, just a complete disaster.
she had quite a bit of separation anxiety when she was a puppy; she could not sleep in her crate unless my hand was in there with her, so at night her crate would be by my bed, so that i could always have one hand in there while sleeping.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum!She's a cutie!
The types of aggression you talked about is completely normal for this breed.There are alot of people who cannot have their dogs around other dogs or any other type of animal.That is why this breed is best in responsible hands who understand what it takes to own them.
They require alot of exercise as well.Apbt's are a working breed of dog,not best for if you just want a pet who you were expecting to just lounge around and keep you company.I'm not saying you were,just thought I should give you a little insight.
Looking forward to conversing with you in the future here and seeing more pics of your pup.There's a ton of knowledge here.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
While she does have the looks to be apbt or have at least some in her,there really is no way to know without a pedigree.Looking at these pics again though, I'm really loving her!Such a cute pup!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awww GREAT ears, love your girl's pictures. Sounds like you have a great dog there and just read up on everything you can and ask lots of questions. Look forward to seeing more pictures!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts