Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do dogs go through growth spurts like children??we took moose to the vet 2 weeks ago to weigh him,and he was 38#.well,i just got home from the vet,he had to go get shots and heartguarded..but his weight today is 47.9#!!!!hes gonna be hunormas!!!so,my question is,do they go through growth spurts?when will platue off and quit gaining weight???hes not even 4 months old yet!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
lol thats pretty crazy lexis 47lbs and and almost 14 months and to your question yes dogs have growth spurts and he should keep growing till 1 1/2-2 years old, thers no way to tell a final weight at this young of an age but the rule of thumb is to double the weight at 4 months so you should have a big boy on your hands

·
Registered
771 Posts
its will begin to slow from 10lbs a mnth to only a few here and there once you hit 8-9mnths.

my dog grew like a weed, then once 8.5ish mnths hit he slowed drastically

·
Banned
714 Posts
its will begin to slow from 10lbs a mnth to only a few here and there once you hit 8-9mnths.

my dog grew like a weed, then once 8.5ish mnths hit he slowed drastically
hes goin to slow down on the growin part at 8-9months, but then hes goin to start fillin out and and will gain a pound or two here and there until hes 1 1/2...he sure is a big dog

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
hell be 4 months tomorrow(11th)
aahhh lol so he IS four months lol he's big for sure Chino is 35 or so... But I was playing with his parents the other day and I said.. It's only a matter of time.

Moose is looking wonderful btw.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aahhh lol so he IS four months lol he's big for sure Chino is 35 or so... But I was playing with his parents the other day and I said.. It's only a matter of time.

Moose is looking wonderful btw.
thank you!i wish we lived closer so they could play together..maybe when i go back home(to tx)you and your gurl can meet halfway or something so the pups can play

1 - 8 of 8 Posts