Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
cute pup. What length did you go with?? you may have to post those up after the stitches are out.

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
She's so cute. Bet she loved that chicken!

I agree those ears will need posts/taping or they are going to fall. Performance Kennels posted some good stuff in this thread and videos on how to handle that. You can also PM her if she doesn't get in here to comment. She can help you with your exact situation and let you know where to start and where to go with it.
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/45827-lexys-ear-crop-2.html

· Registered
82 Posts
Looks good!

I'm still new to all this, but I think personally I'd take the cone off if Gucci doesn't try to scratch at the ears and go ahead and tape them instead of waiting. After the first week, Two's ears would stand without tape and the stitches weren't even out yet.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
I would not remove that cone either, one scratch and stitch pulled can scar and make it look bad for good. And I would not tape before the stitches come out. You want the air to hit it, helps it heal faster, you bandage them up it keeps moisture in and can slow the healing time. Just leave it until the stitches come out, you have lots of time to tape them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.