Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know with Odin being an American Shelter Dog that I will never have answers as far as exact age or breed or even why he got there in the first place. and thats fine, he's my loveabull pup none the less. but i was wondering everyones opinion on something. when i got him at the end of Dec 2011 the shelter paperwork said he was about a year old. recently i dug threw the shelters FB page and found his kennel card pic. and now im starting to think he was much younger than the shelter thought. heres some pics.
Shelter pic:

less than a month ago:

just was wondering if anyone had an input on this. thanks :cheers:

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts
Basing on pictures alone is extremely difficult to determine anything, age especially so as mentality, physical growth can't be determined.. If i had throw just a random guess based on the lack of maturity in the face of the shelter picture, i'd say 10 - 12 months.

Some physically age faster than others, i've had hounds at the age of 2.5 start to have grey muzzles where others have been 6 - 7 and still appear to be very young basing on appearance alone.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basing on pictures alone is extremely difficult to determine anything, age especially so as mentality, physical growth can't be determined.. If i had throw just a random guess based on the lack of maturity in the face of the shelter picture, i'd say 10 - 12 months.

Some physically age faster than others, i've had hounds at the age of 2.5 start to have grey muzzles where others have been 6 - 7 and still appear to be very young basing on appearance alone.
thanks KM. i know he was very playful and puppyish when i got him and still often is. i guess ill never know but i was thinking he might have been around 10 months when i got him. i know the vet was very impressed with his teeth. lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
He sure is a cutie :) And yea, he looks puppy-ish in the shelter pic.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He sure is a cutie :) And yea, he looks puppy-ish in the shelter pic.
aw thankies. and yes he's my big spoiled puppeh dawg :D

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
OMG I love that shelter pic, such a cutie I see why you fell in love :)

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG I love that shelter pic, such a cutie I see why you fell in love :)
Hahaha yeah Ames. he had me wrapped around his paw from the first time i saw him online. took a long lunch went down to the shelter and he was on hold! and then some how when the hold was up even tho i was there first, 2 other familys got to take him out before me. but i was patient and when i got my turn with him, i knew he was the one i wanted! i adopted him and went back to work. my bf friend picked him up for me a few days later after his neuter and the rest is history. :D and Eddie the shelter pup became Odin Monsoon my lil monster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts