Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to give our story. 6 months ago, i heard about a dog fighting ring just outside of my city getting busted, and they were looking for homes for the dogs that they rescued. i went down to the local shelter, just to kinda check things out. the 2 adults were extreamly vicous. i myself have never been afraid of a dog in my life, but the way these 2 were snapping at me, it definatly freaked me out.

after walking down the isles. i noticed one little kennel with 3 puppies in it. 2 were male, and the other was a female. i noticed that one was in the back, and not only was he alot smaller than the other 2, but he had absolutely no weight to him. i asked one of the workers about him, and she said they couldnt get him to eat, drink, and all he did was whine. i decided to take him into a seperate room, to see how he would act with me (although all 3 month old puppies are always excited to see new people)

once i got him in the room, i noticed that he was in my arms right away, and that he would whine once i tried to stand up. the girl who brought him in was very suprised. apparently he didnt trust anyone at all. after she told me that, i dug out my wallet and asked how much. after paying all of his fee's, i took him home. when i weighed him, he weighed 5 pounds, and i could feel almost every bone in his body.

its been a long, and hard road to get him to were he is today, a happy, gentle, loving 8 month old, 65lbs sweetheart. he is the first pitbull ive ever owned in my life, and honestly, i dont think ill ever own another breed.

hes a shining example on how good bully breeds can be. hes amazing with children (specially my 2 year old nephew) and his best friend is the neighbors maltese poodle :p

zeus has been a rock for me. hes so full of love, and such a caring dog, when i look at him, i still cant beleive he's the dying puppy i saw sitting in the back of the kennel

http://www.gopitbull.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10632&stc=1&d=1317803737
http://www.gopitbull.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10633&stc=1&d=1317803737

Attachments

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Oh, Zeus is just beautiful, I love his color! Looks like the two of you are a perfect fit together. Good job.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats

What I'm talking about. You and Zeus are helping turn the stereotypes around. And a good example of how rehabilitation of abused dogs starts with giving them a chance.

Respect and Love.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum , cute dog. wonder why they even had "viscious " dogs in the shelter for adoption dont they usually temperment test before rehoming dogs? Do you know if they were the parents to your dog?

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Great rescue! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
they were the parents, it was all from the rescue, and they had to keep them somewhere. they had signs posted not to touch the dogs
being as they were so aggressive the way you described I wouldnt have taken a pup off of them , Do alot of readin on here and look for any signs of agression as your boy matures. I find it hard to believe if the parents were that mean that they would have had them where the public could view them , Do you know if they adopted them out as well? our shelters temperment test and any dog showing aggression like that would be euthanized. Hopefully it was nothing genetic that caused that behaviour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not worried about his behavior. He's always by my side, and I've trained him very well. I've had lots of dogs, and breaking bad behavior is easy. He was stubborn, and still is, but he listens to every work I say :p. He's definatly my best friend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations on getting him and showing him the love he needs. He is just gorgious. I love to her wonderful stories like this, you two look like he was meant to be yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts