Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted my dog last month and just last week I noticed a tiny little patch of hair missing. It is about as round a pencil eraser. Then a week later I noticed the same thing on his side. I tend to run to the vet over everything little thing and hope this is something not to worry about.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Pictures would be helpful. It could be anything. Where was the first spot located? Is it possible the dog is cutting itself on something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first spot was right on his forehead ans i found the second one on his side. Let me try and get some photos

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dog had the SAME thing. She got scrapped 3 times and nothing was coming up as mange mites. I had her treated with ivermectin 2-3 times (just in case. A lot of times the mange mites dont show up in scrapping because the burrow themselves deep in the skin). I also started giving her Taste of the Wild (Salmon for the added omegas for skin and fur), a powder supplement called The Missing Link (Skin and fur, with more omegas). Omega 3 pills (2000 mg a day), apple cider vinegar (an immune system booster. Mites prey on weak immune systems, 2 tsp a day) and coconut oil (2 tsp a day. This is also great for skin/ fur and an immune system booster). I swear to you she is healed and I get tons of compliments on her fur being so healthy and shiny. I always prefer the natural way and the vets were about to have me on a long path of "maybe its allergies", change to this food, take this out and that out and then slowly put it back in, come back for blood tests, etc.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
One of our bullies had a small round spot on his butt where all the hair had fallen out. We took him to the vet and we were all stumped until I saw him sleeping in his crate one time. His butt was pushed up to a spot in the crate and it was rubbing the hair off there. We bought him a size larger crate and his hair grew back.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts