Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i don't want to sound weird, but i think its already to late...lol

Have any of you used those waterbottles that are like the one you use for hamsters? They are a lot bigger of course. I saw some at the feed store and i was wondering if that will help with the problem i'm having with the birds swimming in their water bowls. Do you think a dog could cath on to using such a thing?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Probably with training. Just gotta keep and eye out to make sure they don't decide to play and tear them up.
Get you some firecrackers and throw them into the trees. Like they did in Steel Magnolias......lol!
I feel for you....we don't have bird problem but ant problems.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
How about chicken waterers. They are not big enough for the birds to bathe in but dogs can drink out of them just fine. You get gallon ,3 gallon and I think 20 gallon steele ones. Might work.

·
Inactive Member!
531 Posts
We use 5 gallon buckets for water. Too deep for birds to bathe in.:D

Stephanie

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Loki's got a Lixit water bottle on her crate. It doesn't take much to teach a dog to use one. Just poke the end and make the water dribble out, and encourage them to lick it up.

For outside, I know they make a device that hooks up to a water spigot which does much the same thing. I've seen it in pet catalogs. Ah ha! Found it. Link

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Midwest Bully said:
Ok, i don't want to sound weird, but i think its already to late...lol

Have any of you used those waterbottles that are like the one you use for hamsters? They are a lot bigger of course. I saw some at the feed store and i was wondering if that will help with the problem i'm having with the birds swimming in their water bowls. Do you think a dog could cath on to using such a thing?
:confused:
Haha...My bird swims in their water bowl all the time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts