Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a movie from netflix called Bloodline. It was supposed to be a documentary. But it was mostly a big PSA about dogfighting. I didn't even watch the last 15 minutes of it because I was so tired of the crap on it. It looked like the guy made the movie using windows movie maker. Anyway, it went over the list to spot a dog fighter. You know your average, breaksticks,short ear crops, conditioned dogs, treadmills AND handwalking and high nutrition foods

That's it dangit... we are no longer allowed to walk our dogs without being accused for dog fighting. Those with short ear crops, feeding healthy food, and walking your dog through the neighborhood better watch out!:flush:

The guy also interviewed "experts on the breed" byb's and street fighters IMO

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Wanted to add another, thick collars...

And doing further research I found this link

Why Should You Care?

Dog fighting has become a serious issue within our community. Why should you know how to recognize and report suspected dog fighting activities? Because dog fighting is a felony in Ohio and is linked to many other illegal and criminal activities. Law enforcement and animal welfare investigators report:

dog fighters are often involved in illegal gambling, the sale and possession of drugs, as well as illegal weapons.
dog fighters and spectators have a history of violent and criminal behavior toward people.
dog fighting is another entertainment activity for gangs.
dogs trained for fighting have been known to viciously attack innocent people for no apparent reason.
it is not uncommon for dog fighters or spectators to involve their children in dog fighting.
Research shows young children who view this type of violence have a greater acceptance of aggressive attitudes and behavior. These children are taught to believe that it's okay to inflict the cruelties they observe and that dog fighting is an acceptable practice.
http://www.doglicense.com/counties/specialfiles/dogfight.html
Other Signs of Dog Fighting

Just because your neighbor owns a pit bull does not mean that he or she is a dog fighter.
Signs of serious dog fighting include:

ownership of several adult dogs and/or puppies that are confined by thick chains with or without weights on their collars.
tires or other items suspended from trees to provide jaw strengthening activities.
hand walking, jogging or using a treadmill.
a "cat mill" which confines a cat, rabbit or other small animal and encourages the dog to ` chase it may be present. As a reward for its hard, work, the dog will be permitted to capture and kill the confined animal.
people of all ages coming and going in groups from a residence or other site, some with dogs.

Dang... another reason to be turned in, my friend came to visit with her two kids (people of all ages) and she brought her pit bull pup!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Lol! Sounds like trash and something I will never watch! What year was it made?

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! Sounds like trash and something I will never watch! What year was it made?
Bloodline
2006 NR 60 minutes
In this uncensored documentary, filmmaker John Ewing III examines the controversy surrounding the American pit bull to determine whether the animal is truly dangerous or whether pits have simply earned a bad rap. Interviews with dog experts explain why the pit bull remains one of the most popular -- and feared -- breeds in America.

Director:John Ewing III Genres:Documentary, Science and Nature Documentaries, Pets Availability:DVD

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
It's :poop: like this that making it hard for us all.
My dog drags weight, does flirt pole, hand walking, and yes we have a tire in the tree, we must be dog fighters.
So stupid! I actually had my neighbors call the cops on us saying we were dog fighters because of our stuff. It's pretty stupid! I am proud to own an APBT!!! He is so driven he has to have an outlet, witch isn't a bad thing IMO, makes for a better working dog :)

Reactions: Sadie

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's :poop: like this that making it hard for us all.
My dog drags weight, does flirt pole, hand walking, and yes we have a tire in the tree, we must be dog fighters.
So stupid! I actually had my neighbors call the cops on us saying we were dog fighters because of our stuff. It's pretty stupid! I am proud to own an APBT!!! He is so driven he has to have an outlet, witch isn't a bad thing IMO, makes for a better working dog :)
Did the cops come? What did they say?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
They came and knocked at the door and said they got a complaint about dog fighting. I let them in and showed them the house and the yard and after seeing Dosia is one of the sweetest dogs ever they wrote down false report and left. The cop was like, "Yea dog fighting dogs are kept in cages and don't play with other dogs, your ok" I was like WTF, so if I had him in a crate when they came over it would be different? People need to just mind their business.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think not walking your dog is a sign of dog fighting...the people around here won't dare walk a fighting dog because they're all beat up and its obvious what they've been doing...also a lot of people who dog fight also neglect their dogs so I doubt they'd walk them daily?

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dangit! Now I'm a prime suspect of being a dog fighter??? Just like that baby at the airport being patted down is a prime suspect of terrorism...
Baby Patted Down And Searched At Kansas City Airport [Video] - Today's Hottest Jamz

Guys it's not just our dogs this is happening to! It's across the f'ing board with all this PC B/S!
:rofl::rofl::rofl: LMAO! That is outrageous! Zachary's stroller sets of metal detectors and the security guard tells me to pass on through and go about my business. But that is at a government building, not an airport.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its all a bunch of :poop: to turn everyone into potential criminals .. :flush:
There is a lady who walks her golden retriever by my house everyday. I think next time I see her I will call the police and report suspicious activity. I will tell them I saw online how to spot a dog fighter and a sign was hand walking... and that I am very concerned for the well being of this dog.

Just kidding... :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
So the only way to own a bully breed and not be accused of fighting dogs is to have a out of shape, lazy, neglected dog that absolutely never leaves the house. Thats cruel in itself.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I can't believe how ignorant people are getting.The human population is getting more and more dumb everyday.
I'm surprised that people haven't turned me in for suspected dog fighting for letting my dogs play rough saying I'm training them and getting them ready for a fight :hammer:

Attachments

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
So the only way to own a bully breed and not be accused of fighting dogs is to have a out of shape, lazy, neglected dog that absolutely never leaves the house. Thats cruel in itself.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Exactly. Remember, people, if you own a fighting breed dog and take proper care of it you must be a dog fighter.:hammer:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Hold up! Handwalking???? As in taking your dog for a walk on a leash around the neighborhood???? Seriously or is there something I'm missing??? That can't really be what they're talking about, is it?!

·
Registered
151 Posts
This thread really cracked me up lol, yea.. my whole backyard is dedicated to my dogs.. flirtpoles, springpole hanging from my tree, tires. people always drive by and see my dog running up my tree and swinging on my springpole and running full speed at my flirtpole, they slow down and stuff. i cant wait for the day the popo's come!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts