Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Harlow`s moved with me back to North Carolina in April to live with my family. He has taken quite well, but the hot dog has taught him all sorts of not so good behavior. But it`s not about that.

My sister brought it to my attention and I just saw what she meant. She will be petting Harlow and he`ll be wagging his tail and wiggling around and acting all sweet, then he`ll pull his upper lip back and show his teeth for a second, but be wiggling and happy the whole time. Could this be signs of aggression? He doesn`t act aggressive towards her, they love all over eachother and even sometimes they sleep together (when I`m not home lol).

I`d rather be safe than sorry and if it isn`t something good, I want to nip it in the butt before it gets worse.

Thanks.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol this is what my Odie does, but to me it's smiling, there is not one ounce of aggression in him when he does this. Not sure since Harlow is older but I am sure someone can give you some advice. Hugs

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Daisy does that when we get home.. she'll run up to us lifting one side showing teeth.. i believe its because she's excited..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He doesnt express aggression when he does it, it just frightens my sister a bit and I know it freaks out people that don`t know him.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Sounds like he is just smiling to me, im trying to get cheza to do it on command it cute. I know several pit that smile

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I have never had a pit do this until Odie, I am sooo gonna try to get it on film, when he is really excited he lifts both sides of the lips, like a snarl but never has anything come out of his mouth, then he starts with the "air" licks, but he never licks my face. Just ask your sister to get him excited and see what happens, make sure you are there though. I bet that is what it is, just excitement, ok so don't have your sister get him excited, but just watch over the next few days to weeks and see if he keeps doing it and WHEN he does it ;) Harlow the Smiler :D

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
So Harlow`s moved with me back to North Carolina in April to live with my family. He has taken quite well, but the hot dog has taught him all sorts of not so good behavior. But it`s not about that.

My sister brought it to my attention and I just saw what she meant. She will be petting Harlow and he`ll be wagging his tail and wiggling around and acting all sweet, then he`ll pull his upper lip back and show his teeth for a second, but be wiggling and happy the whole time. Could this be signs of aggression? He doesn`t act aggressive towards her, they love all over eachother and even sometimes they sleep together (when I`m not home lol).

I`d rather be safe than sorry and if it isn`t something good, I want to nip it in the butt before it gets worse.

Thanks.
i think its smiling too. dogs pick up facial expression alot more/better than spoken words.

·
Registered
162 Posts
my bro inlaw has a little pit and she does the same comes over waggin her tail yet show teeth... she looks like she is smile but to the wrong person it could be a threat...

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I have had several dogs that have done that... I always considered it a smile, because I always smile, haha. :)
If he's not growling, he's probably not doing it out of aggression.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Pheonix will do it at times... It's just a smile :D

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
My boy Roller does it too (but he's not an APBT).. it's just a smile. No need to be concerned here. Now, if he went stiff, flattened his ears back, hackles raised, or showed other signs of aggression during this, then I'd be worried. You got a good pup. Don't worry too much.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
sounds like smiling LOL luna has done that before when she gets excited and goofy lol , doesnt growl just lifts her lip but she wags her butt at the same time lol .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts