Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Harry has BUMPS!! (UPDATED!)

OK... these started showing up about 5 days ago... he hasn't been scratching or biting them at all, basically acts as if nothing is there unless I try to look at them (he doesn't seem to like that) the vet is a neighbor so they are gonna look tomorrow, but I was hopeing to avoid an official vet visit if possible. Initially thought it was a bug bite or something since they don't seem to be red or full of puss... any ideas? No change in food, cleaners, or detergent... nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i dont see the picture

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... file upload fail... ill try on another computer, but just incase it looks like a cluster of mosquito bites or something under the fur... not red and doesn't seem itchy. Concentrated mainly on left rear thigh... with a couple on bumps on right leg.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I had the same thing happen with Lily, it was an allergic reaction & the vet put her on antibiotics. Within a few days on meds the bumps went away & she's almost finished with her antibiotic dosage. The bumps showed up on her chin & a small area of her leg. It looked like chigger bites, best description I can give.

I also changed her bowls from plastic to steel, plastic carry more infectious germs whereas steel does not.

PS the antibiotic was free at our local grocery store (publix). The name of the anitibiotic given is [email protected], she's about 40#

It's worth the vet visit, don't let it get infected because the pup will start to scratch. It's more than likely allegergies, what he may be allergic to is hard to tell without blood tests. You can start by switching the bowls (as stated before) & changing the protein to a fish, make sure their stomach can handle it. It may also be outdoor allergies, ya never know but Lily's went away it seems. Good luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok... laptop problems and it won't let me attach a pic with my Droid... Grrrrrr

Anyways upon further inspection, the do seem to be a bit pink/red... hopefully its something an antibiotic will clear up!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Possible Dermatitis... an anti-biotic (cipro.) should clear that up. I was thinking 'Fleas' at first, but your pet isn't pruritic. What did the vet say?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... I know this is old, but I have an update. After some benadryl for a fee days, and a switch back to TOTW he seemed to be doing better, the all of the sudden the bumps are back... and way worse. I thought about ordering some fish flex online but since he was just a couple of weeks away from rabies/distemper I took him in (no exam fee for shots)... nice! Vet said it doesn't look like an allergy, and when he got a good look at his back legs he gave me cephalexin for a skin infection 500mg 3x a day... and it was actually cheaper than online, he also told me let him know if it comes back and I can just come in a pick up more. Hopefully this takes care if the problem... but, should I keep him on benadryl for the bumps? He doesn't seem to be itching, and it doesn't seem to be an allergy, but they just look like they would be painful and itchy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts