Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl Gem just had some yellowish slime coming from her urethra. I have never had this happen to any of my dogs in the past. Has anyone seen this before? It is concerning me :(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
could be a yeast infection. I know discharge is common though, how old is your girl? Has she been in heat before?

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Ammo had a little discharge when he was real little. Kinda yellow green. Worried me at first. But I noticed it was only he peed. Turned out to be nothing for him. Stopped when he got a bit okder

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ammo had a little discharge when he was real little. Kinda yellow green. Worried me at first. But I noticed it was only he peed. Turned out to be nothing for him. Stopped when he got a bit okder

I noticed it after she came back inside from going potty so maybe it is the same for her

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
She is almost 5 months old now. We got her spayed a little over two weeks ago.

Did you already take her in for her flow up appointment? If you did, I would call the vet. If it's coming up how soon? Maybe they can bump it up for you. It could be normal but since she recently had surgery I would not want to take the risk.

Boys having a discharge after peeing is normal. Shoot they discharge all the time which is why I likes neutered dog lol. Girls don't typically have discharge especially spayed ones. At least none of my females.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you already take her in for her flow up appointment? If you did, I would call the vet. If it's coming up how soon? Maybe they can bump it up for you. It could be normal but since she recently had surgery I would not want to take the risk.

Boys having a discharge after peeing is normal. Shoot they discharge all the time which is why I likes neutered dog lol. Girls don't typically have discharge especially spayed ones. At least none of my females.

Yes we were just at our vet this week, I am planning to call them in the morning though.
Thanks, I tend to worry when it comes to my babies.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts

So when he gets neutered the discharge will stop?

·
silent memeber
569 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
No deuce discharges like its his job and never had any medical problems .. uti is dark urine like almost brown foul smell to it also the dog wouldn't be able to hold it

This. Youd KNOW something was amiss, something off if it was a UTI.

So do all male dogs get it or its just common in male dogs to discharge
Our males have dick goo, but its not ridiculous amounts. If it was Id be worried, but again its part of owning a male dog, intact or not, some might lessen with neutering but they also might not.

Id keep a little closer eye on females but only because I am not used to owning them, but again, if its abnormally much, out of character accidents, weird smells/colors, a vet visit couldnt hurt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts