Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of sick of this crap. I'm sorry I'm just raging a little bit. There is a local dog park that is privately owned, so it's got rules and regulations to 'protect pets and pet owners'. One of them lists No PitBulls...
Daisy is an American Bulldog (So I've been told by the rescue shelter). She's a small American Bully... which is what got us into trouble.
THis morning before work I took her there to run around a bit in order to lose some of her tonnage and we were thrown out because she was a PitBull Terrier. I said She's an American Bulldog, not a Pit Bull terrier. They informed me she's too small to be an American Bulldog (she's 13" to the middle of her shoulder and 61 lbs)... Sorry... just really wanted to have a nice morning :|

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Simply... Dog Parks are NOT for APBTs (or other high end bulldogs for that matter) The only APBT that should be in a dog park is the one that is under the guide and hands of a pro... Even the NEVER trust an APBT NOT to fight.. JFYI AMERICAN BULLDOGS are inbred from large APBTs and this can be documented through Colbys book and through pedigrees. Your dog IF is American Bulldog; carries the performance end of the strain as there are Scott type and Johnson type; Scott type are performance dogs and are pretty much identical to the super large Colby dogs that started the strain. .. Which is not likely because they are catch weight dogs themselves... YOU have a bulldog.. THERE is NO breed as PIT BULL nor pit bull terrier.. however the bull and terrier strains carry the PIT BULL stigma of negativity and limited knowledge. You would be better off saying shes a bull and terrier dog or a bulldog or a cowdog.. keep it simple and remind people that without a proven pedigree and vet opinion all dogs are just dogs.. nothing less nothing more unless they name themselves for their work.

bottom line.. Do your homework and when you think you've read it all.. read and search for more to learn because no matter what we know even veterans are still green.. we are always learning unless ignorant and happy with limited knowledge.

take your dog to the lake, or river, or open field not owned by anyone .. I used to go to the fields near PEOPLE parks.. :)

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Agree with the above post, dog parks are not for this breed. Is she american bulldog or american bully? you called her both but both are different breeds. If she is a shelter dog you cant be sure what she has in her and will fall into the pit bull title. American bullys can be just as DA as the APBT in some cases so even being american bully doesnt mean the traits are that different.
Id find a new place to play where your dog isnt at risk of being blamed.
check out these links,
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/42707-pitbulls-dogparks.html
http://www.gopitbull.com/do-yourself/4269-so-your-thinking-about-dog-park.html

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
this breed isnt made to take to dog parks nor would i want too. take her to a local park, woods. i take cali deep into the woods to burn off her energy :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Simply... Dog Parks are NOT for APBTs (or other high end bulldogs for that matter) The only APBT that should be in a dog park is the one that is under the guide and hands of a pro... Even the NEVER trust an APBT NOT to fight.. JFYI AMERICAN BULLDOGS are inbred from large APBTs and this can be documented through Colbys book and through pedigrees. Your dog IF is American Bulldog; carries the performance end of the strain as there are Scott type and Johnson type; Scott type are performance dogs and are pretty much identical to the super large Colby dogs that started the strain. .. Which is not likely because they are catch weight dogs themselves... YOU have a bulldog.. THERE is NO breed as PIT BULL nor pit bull terrier.. however the bull and terrier strains carry the PIT BULL stigma of negativity and limited knowledge. You would be better off saying shes a bull and terrier dog or a bulldog or a cowdog.. keep it simple and remind people that without a proven pedigree and vet opinion all dogs are just dogs.. nothing less nothing more unless they name themselves for their work.

bottom line.. Do your homework and when you think you've read it all.. read and search for more to learn because no matter what we know even veterans are still green.. we are always learning unless ignorant and happy with limited knowledge.

take your dog to the lake, or river, or open field not owned by anyone .. I used to go to the fields near PEOPLE parks.. :)

Good Luck!
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see all your points. I never take her to the park when other dogs are there and I only take her to the beach when I'm going to certain spots where nobody can get to. She chills on the towel with the girlfriend as I surf or plays in the water with my girlfriend's dog.... It just thoroughly annoyed me...

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
yeah.. don't sweat the small stuff.. if it bothers you donate to the EBA Endangered Breed Association and donate a few $ to fight BSL propaganda...

I was bothered forever but its BS and I realized I have the power to move to a state or community that has laws and a way of life inwhich I want to live.

Let the less responcible breeders annoy you as well, because every tom dick and harry or Ldog Y/G and Bdizzle deffinitely are causing more harm to the breed and the name let alone the opinion of the uniformed masses.

IF you go to a dog park your gonna be held more liable like speeding in a construction zone.. begging the question: find a field, hiking trails, and yes the beach, swimming is the best for your dog anyway. Grab you a Stratton (Richard Stratton) book or two and Colbys book. Pricless info...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Firehazard... When we go to the doggy beach other beachgoers kinda whine "let her off the leash! She wants to play with the other dogs!"... I explain to them.. if she's attacked by a street gang of poorly raised inner city poodles... she would be held responsible just because of how she looks... And she doesn't mind at all anyway. She usually ends up on her back with 3 or 4 smaller dogs jumping on her belly lol "Fight dog" hmmm? The only problem that we have with her is when she befriends a small dog she 'adopts' it as her puppy... we think because before she was rescued her puppies were taken away from her right away.. so she tries to compensate... but I don't know, she does her own thing lol.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
dog parks arent for dogs period. i dont care what type of dog you have. some one with babesia brings their dog there and you have an epidemic. i dont bring my dogs around any other dogs that havent been vaccinated

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not a fan of dog parks, but my female could be in there without any problem at all, most she could do is lick someone to death .

I understand how you feel, I had my male at petsmart one day, and a lady cussed me out for no reason at all. saying F'n this and F'n that pitbulls should all die.

I paid her no mind at all.

It's so funny how uneducated people are with animals. send a Presa Canario in there and see the carnage it can inflict in a small amount of time with other dogs or humans.

like other people have said, don't worry about it. Most people don't even know what a pitbull truly looks like, If it bites. it's a pitbull, mean looking it's a pitbull, if it's stocky it's a pitbull. it's a cycle of stupid people and what they think.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
At dog parks it doesn't have to be your dog that has an issus with other dogs, idiots will bring in dogs with resource guarding, some bring food, some bring females in heat, some bring rude dogs, some even bring dogs that are easily pushed over threshold and into a fight. Media sees a pit bull involved, guess who gets blamed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand how you feel, I had my male at petsmart one day, and a lady cussed me out for no reason at all. saying F'n this and F'n that pitbulls should all die.

I paid her no mind at all.
I'm impressed by your ability to remain calm and collected - I brought my boy while he was about 5 months old and there were two types of people. Those who knew dogs, and played with him with no problem, and those who left the aisles I was in and shielded their children from him. A man kneeled down near my pup while we were in an aisle, and he naturally walked over to the person kneeling down, seeing it as an invitation. Before my dog even got to him, the guy quickly looked at me as if he were thoroughly insulted and stormed out of the aisle. I had no idea how to react besides turn to my dog and give him a playful hug lol. He had done nothing wrong!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts