Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hazel Park Citizens - please let your city council know you aren't pleased with the changes to their "dangerous dog ordinance" - which can target any dog that "looks" like a pit bull. This law was altered on November 15, 2011 without any website publication or notification to the citizens other than a billboard next to the clerk's office.

Downloads - HP Ordinance 0808.pdf

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It means you and your dog must follow all laws and be registered as pit bulls (with a $50 inspection fee) or they can seize and euthanize your dog.

·
Registered
471 Posts
ohh .. I was worried because I thought it was something new .. this happened years back .... they must have just renewed it on the 15th or something .

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, this is changed - verbiage has been altered, etc.

No NEW pit bulls after February 2012 along with tighter restrictions. (I was there when the whole original round of BS went down too....buggers!)

·
Registered
471 Posts
uhh its because of all the irrisponsible people in the neighborhoods .. i hate it ..I just pray they leave me and mine alone ..

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd still go to council and let them know that NOT informing you of the meeting wasn't right. There was NO notification except for an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper outside of the clerk's office for notification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts