Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.wormeradicator.com
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just my opinion on selling and buying dogs. I'm sure I'll get some opposition, And not everyone will agree.
( my opinion only) -I believe there is only one type of true pitbull and thats a Gamebred one!
I also belive that the majority of the public cant handle a Gamebred dog. Thats not to say that a Gamebred dog cant make a great pet, but more that A gamebred dog is more of a liability when it comes to Dog aggression and people not knowing what to do to channel the determination and will that these dogs can express.
Ok now knowing what I know, If I was in the market for a "pitbull" I wouldn't buy a dog Thats health and title certified! Why?- well because I prolly wouldn't get a proper one! (now remember this is just my opinion) But an opinion based on owning and raising theses dogs most of my life, watching color and size fads come and go, not to mention registry confusion, bluffs, look a likes, mutts, peddlers, paper hangers, currs, true BULLDAWGS, and everything in between.
Papers are not nearly as important, as the person behind the breeding and that persons understanding and knowledge of Bulldawgs!
HEALTH certificates and TITLES are papers! Are they not? To me as Useless as registerd pedigrees, unless that person is gonna be peddlin there dogs along with there fancy paid for pedigrees and show titles!
Dont get me wrong ADBA shows are the closest to a GAMEBRED type show that you can go to, and can be a lot of fun, also a great place to meet bulldoggers and maybe acquire a decent representative of the breed. Thats If you know how to spot one out! (a good breeder that is) Sometimes the good one's go to these shows to meet people and talk BULLDAWG sometimes more! There usually not loud, showoff types or in the winners circle with an adult dog! Some are a little skeptical, and may seem be a little un approachable to anyone they don't know. And for good reason!!!!
What I'm tryin to say is- Its not easy to get a true rep BULLDAWG! It takes patience, Time, and a little luck! Meeting the right people and not putting your foot in your mouth will help you in acquiring a true Bulldawg!
U could get a dog from the internet or advertised kennels with health titles and from parents that got fancy peds, as long as you got the $ for the most part. But I would stay away from these dogs! But thats just me!

I say- screw the Titles, Screw the health certificates, forget the fancy registered peds! Or expensive kennels and yard set ups! I'd much rather try to get a dog from a back woods, no internet, written ped, suspender wearin tobacco spitin old timer with no teeth that gots inbred/linebred, dirty, scared up, (but healthy) bad boy, real deal, WORKIN BULLDAWGS! Then to try get one on the web or advertized "kennels" Claiming health certs, dna tested, cropped eared, titled, pretty SHOWDOGS! In fact I would beg! I would clean his yard, wash his dishes, paint his house, buy him dentures, Give him my gurlfriend for a nite, or just about anything If I knew he'd come off a pup or a dog from his yard!
Most of the True bulldawgs are the one's you don't see or hear about, kept hidden from prying eyes, and animal control, These are the one's Id want! From a breeder thats been doin the dam thing for a life time, with out health certs!
To me Owning anything less is like gettin your freak on with a blow up doll that cant, will not, never, ever compare to the real thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hey thats just me :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This is just my opinion on selling and buying dogs. I'm sure I'll get some opposition, And not everyone will agree.
( my opinion only) -I believe there is only one type of true pitbull and thats a Gamebred one!
I also belive that the majority of the public cant handle a Gamebred dog. Thats not to say that a Gamebred dog cant make a great pet, but more that A gamebred dog is more of a liability when it comes to Dog aggression and people not knowing what to do to channel the determination and will that these dogs can express.
Ok now knowing what I know, If I was in the market for a "pitbull" I wouldn't buy a dog Thats health and title certified! Why?- well because I prolly wouldn't get a proper one! (now remember this is just my opinion) But an opinion based on owning and raising theses dogs most of my life, watching color and size fads come and go, not to mention registry confusion, bluffs, look a likes, mutts, peddlers, paper hangers, currs, true BULLDAWGS, and everything in between.
Papers are not nearly as important, as the person behind the breeding and that persons understanding and knowledge of Bulldawgs!
HEALTH certificates and TITLES are papers! Are they not? To me as Useless as registerd pedigrees, unless that person is gonna be peddlin there dogs along with there fancy paid for pedigrees and show titles!
Dont get me wrong ADBA shows are the closest to a GAMEBRED type show that you can go to, and can be a lot of fun, also a great place to meet bulldoggers and maybe acquire a decent representative of the breed. Thats If you know how to spot one out! (a good breeder that is) Sometimes the good one's go to these shows to meet people and talk BULLDAWG sometimes more! There usually not loud, showoff types or in the winners circle with an adult dog! Some are a little skeptical, and may seem be a little un approachable to anyone they don't know. And for good reason!!!!
What I'm tryin to say is- Its not easy to get a true rep BULLDAWG! It takes patience, Time, and a little luck! Meeting the right people and not putting your foot in your mouth will help you in acquiring a true Bulldawg!
U could get a dog from the internet or advertised kennels with health titles and from parents that got fancy peds, as long as you got the $ for the most part. But I would stay away from these dogs! But thats just me!

I say- screw the Titles, Screw the health certificates, forget the fancy registered peds! Or expensive kennels and yard set ups! I'd much rather try to get a dog from a back woods, no internet, written ped, suspender wearin tobacco spitin old timer with no teeth that gots inbred/linebred, dirty, scared up, (but healthy) bad boy, real deal, WORKIN BULLDAWGS! Then to try get one on the web or advertized "kennels" Claiming health certs, dna tested, cropped eared, titled, pretty SHOWDOGS! In fact I would beg! I would clean his yard, wash his dishes, paint his house, buy him dentures, Give him my gurlfriend for a nite, or just about anything If I knew he'd come off a pup or a dog from his yard!
Most of the True bulldawgs are the one's you don't see or hear about, kept hidden from prying eyes, and animal control, These are the one's Id want! From a breeder thats been doin the dam thing for a life time, with out health certs!
To me Owning anything less is like gettin your freak on with a blow up doll that cant, will not, never, ever compare to the real thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice! Not necesarily my type of dog at this point...but if I were into the original APBT I would stand right beside you...this will be a great read for alotta people here...lol

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I would rather have a gamebred dog than a dog bred strictly for the show ring. But personally, I don't find snottiness on either side to be appealing. (Not saying the OP is snotty, just saying...) If the dog is truly worthwhile, it will have it ALL. That of course, JMO. ;) There are people who title, health-test and DNA their "pedigreed" gamebred dogs. Those, of course, in the minority, but it heartens me to know they are out there.

205 Posts
Yes, PPP you are right about the true hard core gamebred dogs. You will not find any health tested, "titled" ones. As a rule most of the real dogmen do not hang on MBs nor do they usually have websites. Also many/some are not registering with ADBA, but you can bet they know their pedigrees like the back of their hands. My uncle, is one of them, and I have no qualms about the purity or quality of his dogs(he has been into them for over 50 years).

I know where to go to get a bulldog!

On another note, 99% of breeders that are selling just pitbulls, petbulls, ect......They should be registering, health testing and titling. Especially when selling to the public. If the average person is looking for a APBT for weightpull, conformation, working, ect., those things are important and do count.

p.s. Just so you know....true gamedogs do fall out with hip dysplasia and other health problems. You just don't hear about it, for several reasons. it does not happen as much as with showdogs, but it happens.

·
Banned
774 Posts

:goodpost: i never thought about getting a game bred dog like that i figure health test and ped made a diffrence i do think if u do sell to the public with the net or how ever they do and charge a crazy ass amount for a dog health test and titles is a must IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts