Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, whats up everyone. Look quick question, killa's coat hasn't been right for the past few months. His coat is getting really dull and has lost it's shine,plus i its dandruff starting. I've tried every dog shampoo, eggs with his food but not trying to change his food because i like what it's doing for his weight.

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
How old is your dog? A lot of things can't be given to a younger dog, and a lot of things can't be expected out of a younger dog. If your dog is over a year old you can try giving him some fish oil. Dose about 1000mg/50lbs x1 daily. If your pup is younger than a year then I would just wait until the pup gets older and blows its puppy coat. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I recently stated my guys on omega 3-6-9 it has fish oils in it my aunt has been using it for a long time on her dogs and there coats are shiny and soft, mine are fed good food but with recent allergies Im trying to control the dander hoping this helps. we give 2 capsuls a day loki will eat them wrapped in cheese the girls make us pop them open on there food. { we dont give the puppy anything if she is under a year I would wait }

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I would stop with the bathing I don't know what the weather is like down there but up here you want to cut winter baths down it really dries out the skin. You could try just putting a a couple of tsp. of lard on her food. It helps make the coat soft and shiny if you are working her it will add any fat too your dog as they will work it right off. Vendetta gets lard when I remember to buy it. It is usually sold in the same area as the bacon in the store.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
There has been some good advise so far. I am wondering even though you like the food what kind is it that you are feeding him? Not all dog foods are created equally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts