Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I add yogurt to my dog's food when I feed. I also give him Fish Oil and Vitamin E for his coat.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Feed a good quality food wheather kibble or raw { i feed orijen } and we add omega oils and they sometimes get a bit of yogurt as well. they all have the softest shiniest coats . all about the quality of food IMO.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I add yogurt to my dog's food when I feed. I also give him Fish Oil and Vitamin E for his coat.
Feed a good quality food wheather kibble or raw { i feed orijen } and we add omega oils and they sometimes get a bit of yogurt as well. they all have the softest shiniest coats . all about the quality of food IMO.
:goodpost: I agree with both. This might be helpful for finding a good quality food for your dog...
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html
When I cook hamburger or bacon, I cook it and drain off the fat before adding any spices, and pour the grease over top of Bullet's food. He loves it (of course), and it seems to help really well for a nice shiny, healthy coat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
salmon fish oil supplements and high quality kibble/raw

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
all about the quality of food IMO.

Ah, yes and no. According to Deb (geisthexe), kibble doesn't have enough supplements in it to be a good source of vitamins. A good supplement is always helpful to an animal that is getting a good diet as well has good exercise.

This is what I give Kangol everyday:
[FONT=&quot]- Glucosamine and Chondroitin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Fish Oils[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Vitamin E [/FONT]
and I try to remember to give him a multi-vitamin, but for some reason I have them upstairs in the bathroom rather than in the kitchen with the rest of the stuff so he doesn't get it every day.

@ Kodiak I definitely wouldn't give Bullet any bacon (I don't feed any part of a pig to Kangol) and if you are going to give Bullet hamburger meat you shouldn't cook it, just give it to him RAW. He would benefit much more from a RMB (raw meaty bone) than he would from hamburger meat though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts