Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel very guilty for feeding Tyson Pup-Peroni without reading the label... I am shocked as to what people are willing to feed your beloved pet these days. My girlfriend bought it for him and he loved it, until I stumbled across the ingredient label! I want to know of some brands that I could buy in the pet store or online that will suit my little guy when he deserves a treat. I want it full of protein... What do you guys recommend? I'm aware of raw chicken here and there, berries, carrots, etc... But I'm looking to buy my treats as I don't have the time to prepare it myself. Thanks guys and good morning :)

View attachment 38705
View attachment 38713

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I don't buy treats but I know Instinct has a freeze dried raw treat. I'd go with something freeze dried :) lung, livers, etc

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
I use dried lung. It has one ingredient... lung.
I don't have the patience to make my own, so I buy Merrick's Texas Hold 'ems. They come in beef and lamb. Ecko loves them both.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
Some pieces are cube-like, but one side has skin on it. So I think they are just cut into cube-like shapes. The tub says "...conveniently freeze diced and diced into Reward Size Treats..."

They don't look like something that's been ground and pressed. Some pieces even have skin on both sides. Aaaand my dogs are now staring at me because I've been inspecting the treats lol

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
Right on. I may have to look into them and try them. The lung comes in dried sliced puffs. So they can break apart easily or be given as bigger treats. I always break them up.

I'd be lookin' at ya funny too if you were playing with my food. LOL

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Happy hips was recently recalled, made in china, no good!!

I dehydrate liver or sweet potatoes for my boy. I make biscuits with potato flour cause he cant have grains like wheat and cant have corn.

Here are some good treats I have bought ingredients check out, not made in china.

CloudStar.com - WAG MORE BARK LESS

My boy LOVES these almost as much as he loves the dehydrated liver I make him
Bravo! Training Treats

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow great responses guys... And that's a no-no for recalls :(
As I stated previously, I don't have the time to prepare the snacks. But that's a really good idea about going to Petsmart and buy those frozen livers, lungs, and other things like that.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts