Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard of this on Humans but a Breeder just told me he had a litter in the past of wich 2 pups had Heart Mermers and they went away by the 4 month checkup. He said he wanted to be Honest incase one a pup I choose has one as he hasnt gotten them into vet yet, there just 3 wks now. Does anyone have knowledge of this kind of condition, i used search and cant find anything.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
heart murmurs can be common but usually the pups and kittens grow out of them. I had a pup that had one and he grew out of it. I also had a persian kitten that had a murmur. If they don't grow out of it then there is need to worry ;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Are you seriously getting another dog?? Don't you already have three? LOL! Is your old boy still around? I know you haven't been on here in a long while :). Here is some more info

~If a dog is diagnosed with a significant heart murmur, the veterinarian determines treatment based on the problem's severity and cause. Puppies born with congenital murmurs are often not treated unless they have accompanying health issues. Congenital heart murmurs often disappear as a puppy develops. It may take years to determine if a dog's heart murmur indicates a serious health issue. In many cases, no treatment is necessary. If heart murmurs do not subside, and if symptoms become debilitating, the veterinarian may recommend heart surgery.

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Canine_Heart_Murmur

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you seriously getting another dog?? Don't you already have three? LOL! Is your old boy still around? I know you haven't been on here in a long while :). Here is some more info

~If a dog is diagnosed with a significant heart murmur, the veterinarian determines treatment based on the problem's severity and cause. Puppies born with congenital murmurs are often not treated unless they have accompanying health issues. Congenital heart murmurs often disappear as a puppy develops. It may take years to determine if a dog's heart murmur indicates a serious health issue. In many cases, no treatment is necessary. If heart murmurs do not subside, and if symptoms become debilitating, the veterinarian may recommend heart surgery.

Canine Heart Murmur
Thank you for the info (both of u) im going to see the pups tomorrow. Rocky had to be put down last yr, his liver cancer made hime very sick, and he was ready. I have the 2 now that are a Yr. ;)

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well im Good...Her first shots and no sign of any Mermer or anything..TY peeps..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts