Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I havn't been around much because life decided to get busy on us. The last time I posted my dog, Karma, appeared to be going into heat. I wasn't sure but I was made to feel better about it by your responses. It was in fact heat and it really seemed to hit her hard. The problem is it's been over a month and she is still swollen. She's not bleeding anymore and I don't see any discharge, but her vulva is still a little swollen and her mammories are still swollen. It looks like she's in the last phase of it. My concern is she has an appt. to get fixed in a week from today. I really tried to get things to line up but she's had some swelling since September and it really seems to be taking it's time to pass. Should I be concerned about other issues that may be going on? Will her spay be comprimised?? Help please!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Can you post a pic? Reason I ask is alot of people think they will go down to what they were before they had a heat , after luna { my 1st female } had her 1st heat I thought she looked swollen too but turned out she wasnt and it was all normal. If you post a pic we may be able to help you determine if she is unusually swollen vs normal. she should be fine to spay if her heat has stopped, how long did it last? and from what i remember in your last post there wasnt any discharge or anything still right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts