Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xena and Eko were playing outside a bunch today because it was so nice and I just left the back door open so they could run in and out. When Xena came in to take a nap and I was petting her, I noticed this:

I know it just came up today because I checked her from nose to tail after the fight at the BBQ last night. She had some grass stains on her chest, maybe a grass allergy? It's not itchy, but it was warm to the touch.

Also, it seems like she's always got a scrape here, a cut there, it drives me crazy. I don't remember Eko having so many scrapes when he was a puppy, but my boyfriend says it must be from playing with Eko outside. They are all very superficial and heal in a day or so but it makes me feel like she's got really thin or delicate skin and I should maybe not let them play so much. She also gets them on the sides of her paws when she chews on them.

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Yes thin skin and not a lot of hair to protect it haha. Scrapes and scratches are pretty normal. Try to supervise all play, the last thing you want is an injured pup.. Big dog can step on or knock over the pup injuring joints or bones.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he can get a bit too excited then I have to separate them for a little while to settle down. The redness has cleared up a lot so I'm thinking she was chafing a little. Never had a dog with such sensitive skin before, its like paper she scratches her collar and has a welt for two days!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts