Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog will be getting spayed in a couple weeks ,when shes not in heat anymore, my question is this : she bled ALOT for about a week,now its light pink and very little,is she almost done ? And we do have a fenced in yard but there are 3 or so dogs at my window barking and such because shes in my room and shes trying to get to them to now so im guessing shes in the ready to breed stage right ? This is the first Large Dog i have had come into heat before and it has been crazy im ready to get her spayed ! :roll:

How the dogs got in idk but im almost positive they jumped the fence :mad:

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Dogs will do anything to get to a bitch in heat. And i mean anything. Jump fences, dig, break down doors, climb, ECT.
I've always spayed my girls so idk a whole lot of first hand experience lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dogs will do anything to get to a bitch in heat. And i mean anything. Jump fences, dig, break down doors, climb, ECT.
I've always spayed my girls so idk a whole lot of first hand experience lol
I know,they wont leave ! And thats okay thanks anyways , i hope this is almost over with so i can get her spayed ,her appointment is the 26th and she should be fine by then , but i cant stand those dogs at my window,she broke my shade trying to get out there and she escaped/broke her crate so i guess shes sleeping with me tonight , and the dogs are just siting there howling ...:mad: from now on im spaying ahead of time !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like she is towards the end of the heat. Usually the clearish/pinksih stuff along with waving that tail, is a sign of her being ready. Not too sure, though.. Keep her seperated @ all times, seems like you doing that now... Be sure to wash those sheets too..lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sounds like she is towards the end of the heat. Usually the clearish/pinksih stuff along with waving that tail, is a sign of her being ready. Not too sure, though.. Keep her seperated @ all times, seems like you doing that now... Be sure to wash those sheets too..lol
:goodpost:
Yes i am ,lol yeah i have done that already,but when i went back in there i realized that the cage wasnt even broken ,im not sure how she got out unless i forgot and didnt put her in ?But anyways shes in the crate now and i tried to put a diaper on her but she took it off but at least now i can goto sleep ! IF it is the end then she can get spayed the 26th ! Which i really hope so :woof: . Im tired of all these strays hanging around !

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thankfully I didn't have to deal with loose dogs in my city......Doesn't your city/town have a leash law?? Geez, I hope your yard is fenced in and even that won't stop a male from getting through it. Males have been known to tie a bitch through chain link fences. Glad you are getting her spayed! Hope all goes well :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes fenced in but i guess they jumped it, and nope no leash laws here, everyone just lets them go where ever which is insane ! A dog got hit yesterday ! And me too , thanks ! :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can someone please tell me what stage of her cycle she is on ? I know there are 3 i think,going in heat,breeding point and going out of heat but which one ? Thanks all

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
can someone please tell me what stage of her cycle she is on ? I know there are 3 i think,going in heat,breeding point and going out of heat but which one ? Thanks all
In order to know what stage she is in you would have to keep track of how regular her heats are and track the days from beginning to end to break down the stages. Not every bitch goes into heat regularly some have irregular heats so keeping a heat calendar would help you to identify with what stage she is in by tracking the days of bleeding ect.

General Information

Estrus ("heat") is the mating period of female animals. When estrus occurs, animals are said to be "in heat" or "in season." Dogs generally have their first estrous cycle at 6-12 months of age. Some females of the large breeds, however, may not have their first estrus until they are 12-24 months of age.

The complete cycle takes about 6 months, resulting in 2 estrous periods each year. Individual variation occurs, but a given female's pattern tends to be repeated regularly.

The estrous cycle can be divided into 4 stages:

1. Proestrus: This stage begins with the appearance of vaginal bleeding. It normally lasts from 4 to 9 days. Male dogs become very interested in the female; however, she will not yet mate with them.

2. Estrus: This is the stage in which the female will accept the male and conception can occur. The vaginal discharge is more yellowish than bloody. Ordinarily, the stage lasts for 4 to 13 days. Your female will stand still and hold her tail to the side when you touch her back or a male dog tries to mount.

3. and 4. Metestrus and anestrus: These 2 stages are periods of ovarian activity, but with no significant outward signs. False pregnancies frequently occur during metestrus.

Some Important Points

* You should consider your pet to be "in season" for 21 days: 7 days coming into heat, 7 days in heat, 7 days going out. Though conception is most likely during the middle 7 days, Mother Nature doesn't always follow the rules. Confine your pet for the entire 3 weeks.

* Remember that the above information is general. Not all females follow these patterns. Consult with the doctor if your pet does not seem typical. Sometimes, cycling problems can be an early warning of more serious problems, and the sooner they are dealt with, the better.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In order to know what stage she is in you would have to keep track of how regular her heats are and track the days from beginning to end to break down the stages. Not every bitch goes into heat regularly some have irregular heats so keeping a heat calendar would help you to identify with what stage she is in by tracking the days of bleeding ect.

General Information

Estrus ("heat") is the mating period of female animals. When estrus occurs, animals are said to be "in heat" or "in season." Dogs generally have their first estrous cycle at 6-12 months of age. Some females of the large breeds, however, may not have their first estrus until they are 12-24 months of age.

The complete cycle takes about 6 months, resulting in 2 estrous periods each year. Individual variation occurs, but a given female's pattern tends to be repeated regularly.

The estrous cycle can be divided into 4 stages:

1. Proestrus: This stage begins with the appearance of vaginal bleeding. It normally lasts from 4 to 9 days. Male dogs become very interested in the female; however, she will not yet mate with them.

2. Estrus: This is the stage in which the female will accept the male and conception can occur. The vaginal discharge is more yellowish than bloody. Ordinarily, the stage lasts for 4 to 13 days. Your female will stand still and hold her tail to the side when you touch her back or a male dog tries to mount.

3. and 4. Metestrus and anestrus: These 2 stages are periods of ovarian activity, but with no significant outward signs. False pregnancies frequently occur during metestrus.

Some Important Points

* You should consider your pet to be "in season" for 21 days: 7 days coming into heat, 7 days in heat, 7 days going out. Though conception is most likely during the middle 7 days, Mother Nature doesn't always follow the rules. Confine your pet for the entire 3 weeks.

* Remember that the above information is general. Not all females follow these patterns. Consult with the doctor if your pet does not seem typical. Sometimes, cycling problems can be an early warning of more serious problems, and the sooner they are dealt with, the better.
Thank you !!!!!!! Estrus is what she is on right now because this is the 2nd week now that she has been in heat ..probley going on 2 1/2 weeks lol, and she is 10 months old and this is the 1st heat she has had,if she isnt in heat and the vet says everything is okay she will be spayed the 26th , cause he told me that he would have to check her first , but anyways if not then she will be spayed in about a month or so .

:roll:

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Thank you !!!!!!! Estrus is what she is on right now because this is the 2nd week now that she has been in heat ..probley going on 2 1/2 weeks lol, and she is 10 months old and this is the 1st heat she has had,if she isnt in heat and the vet says everything is okay she will be spayed the 26th , cause he told me that he would have to check her first , but anyways if not then she will be spayed in about a month or so .

Good Job on getting her spayed that's very responsible of you! Plus it will save you the headaches of the messy heats LOL

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Job on getting her spayed that's very responsible of you! Plus it will save you the headaches of the messy heats LOL
Thanks, yeah i cant stand it , theres still dogs outside my house ,,I had to put her in her crate in a room upstairs to get the dogs away from my window ! They are so crazy ,im ready for this heat thing to be over with ,the problem is taking her out to use the bathroom all those strays and some fluffy mutt the neighbor has are out there, they keep going over the fence or under it one ?

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts

They can still spay your dog when she's in heat
usually they'll charge a lil more though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They can still spay your dog when she's in heat
usually they'll charge a lil more though.
Well thats what i was told but its at a free spay and neuter clinic in a college gym where there will be 66 dogs as of now to get spayed/neutered and they have to do that many in two days ,plus update shots,cleanears ,check ups etc. , so idk if they will or not ,but i hope so because by then it will be her day 18 or 19 and it lasts 21,i just dot wanna put her in any danger :confused:

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Well thats what i was told but its at a free spay and neuter clinic in a college gym where there will be 66 dogs as of now to get spayed/neutered and they have to do that many in two days ,plus update shots,cleanears ,check ups etc. , so idk if they will or not ,but i hope so because by then it will be her day 18 or 19 and it lasts 21,i just dot wanna put her in any danger :confused:
Yeah you can do it while they are in heat but it's best you don't. Just do it when she comes out of heat like you planned.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
make sure you really research that program. Some of those s/n programs are so packed and unethical that sometimes they don't sterilize utensils between procedures.
Just to make sure, I wouldn't want your pal to be hurt.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well it was planned for the 26th but then she had to ocme in heat , so idk i guess i will let the vet decide but either way she has to go to get her rabies shot and ears cleaned :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
make sure you really research that program. Some of those s/n programs are so packed and unethical that sometimes they don't sterilize utensils between procedures.
Just to make sure, I wouldn't want your pal to be hurt.
Thanks for your concern , the local aspca will be the ones over the event but the vet i have had for my pitbull when she got her shots and when my shih tzu got spayed will be the one doing the surgery and he does all the shelter ones so im sure it will be done right , but i will make sure of that ! Haha im a bit protective of my girl so even though they said i could go home and come back (an hour to get there) im just gonna stay with her :eek:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts