Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i have a 2 year old female pitbull and she has never had any problems playing outside and running around outside the other day then we stayed outside for awhile because my girl was spraying for bugs so we stayed outside and she just droped and was laying limp i tried topick her up and she fell again so i took her inside and while i did she started peeing everywhere she is very good about potty training soi know it was a accident so i am guessing she had a seizure so i put her outside under the hose for a few mins and she seemed fine just curious is it because the heat or a medical issue and is there a way to help prevent it thanks for any help i love my dog like a daughter and it scared me when it happened

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Very well could be heat but either way having her looked at by a vet would be the best bet.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
what angel said.
you may also want to take a look at the ingredients of your bug spray. VERY VERY important that it does not contain DEET. this is toxic to pets. DEET can cause some of the symptoms you described. ataxia (muscle control) and seizure-like behavior.
if the bug spray did contain DEET it's good that you rinsed her off. but i would give her a bath just in case.
either way. limit her activity for a few days and keep her out of the sun. watch her closely. the vet will have more info for you.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
i re-read your post. i think you meant that you sprayed for bugs inside the house?
not on the dog.
regardless, i think you should stop using the bug spray. pets are super sensitive to those types of chemicals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts