Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help , my 33kg male doesn't pull when the trolley gets heavy , he does pull on command , but if he tries and has difficulty getting out the blocks he stops and refuses to pull or even try . I would really like him tp be able to compete for most weight.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
you need to start off light and build his head (and muscles) up before puttin big weight on him.. if he knows he cant pull it then whats the point in tring? just keep him pullin light weights that you know he can pull and make him think he can pull anything.. then work your way up.. dont throw it on him all at once :D

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
:goodpost: great words...

You need to build confidence right now.. if he thinks he can he'll try.. confidence.. start small and keep him there.. work longer distance at that weight.. SLOWLY over a long time you should add weight.. 5lbs at a time...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will give it a try , although he's already 3 years old , he has done fairly well. 5 pounds sounds a bit too little , we use a trolley on rails at home.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
if you think about it.. 5 lbs at some point is going to be the point in which they stop. If you do use a track.. keep a consistent weight that he'll pull the whole way but still be working.. Then get some tires and do some resistance tire dragging with longer distances.

slowly add weight to his track that he now knows he can pull cause he's been doing for weeks(at this point) and he wont know the diff.. then slowly build,, thats what i meant. yes, 5lbs is a little, but confidence goes away if you go to much to soon!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it , Atleast we have about two months before our shows start again , hopefully enough time to start getting his head right

·
Registered
776 Posts
never let him fail ... dont let him think its ok to quit. if he stops , help him get it to the point you tell him to stop. lots of positive reinforcement when they make it ...make it a huge party every time .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts