Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to the apbt breed as well. To make a long story short, I rescued a pitbull puppy about 8 weeks ago and at the time my vet aged him to be 6 weeks old. He weighed 4lbs. He just had a check up at the vets and weighed in at 14 lbs 7 ounces at 14 weeks. The vet said he is healthy and doing fine and that he may be the "runt" of the litter. I've read that apbt's can range in weight from 25-55lbs and over.

What are youre thoughts about his size? His name is Julian and I would post a pic if I knew how. He is pictured in my avatar and I was able to put up a picture in my profile.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I think that if your vet says he's healthy and fine then he's doing ok.It varies on what to expect as far as weight goes with these dogs.I can't get a clear picture in my head right now of what 14 lbs on a 14 week old looks like.So a picture would help.
To post a pic you can use photobucket or a site like them and use the img code.Or you can just upload straight from your computer as an attachment.That's the little thing right above the box where you write your reply post that looks like a paperclip.Just make sure the pictures are correctly sized first or they will post way too big.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
with him being so little i would let it eat as much as he wants too... as long as hes not hungry then i wouldnt worry about it... the expectant size can differ depending on bloodlines.... but like dixieland said if you could post a pic then we could look at it :) what kind of food are you feeding him?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm feeding him California Natural 3 times a day. The picture of him in my avatar was when he was 6 weeks, the picture in my profile is 14 weeks. I will try and upload a picture as soon as I can.

Thanks for your replies.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
he looks fine... Just let him eat what he wants till he gets older :) he's adorable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts