Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night around 2 in the morning Helena vomited on my bed when she was laying with me. I put her in her crate where she continued to hack and vomit. We had a long night. Andrew woke me up at 6 30 in the morning on his way to work saying she was breathing heavy. I brought her back to bed with me and tried to comfort her. Since we have got up this morning she threw up two more times, it is white and frothy, like stomach acid. She is being very letargic. I took her outside and she pooped twice, normal and solid looking. And she peed once. But she came back inside and waited for me to help her on the couch. Now she is just sleeping, her breathing seems somewhat lighter but not as much. I am taking her to the vet here in about an hour when Andrew comes home on his lunch break. Please pray for my girl, I do not know what is wrong with her. The only thing I can think of is she was digging up the yard last night in a place where some old cooking grease was spilled and I thinks she ate some of it before I could stop her. Other than that, she doesn't chew up any thing that would be dangerous to her. Please say prayers for my sweet girl. Thank you all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My well wishes to you and your doggy. :hug:

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Best wishes to your dog .

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I would worry about dehydration since she has thrown up quite a few times. I hope she is okay.....keep us updated. Hugs and kisses from me and. Bella :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. I don't know about dehydration in dogs, but I know in babies if their mouth is dry. Her gums felt dry but her tongue feels wet. Will be on our way to the vet here shortly. Will let everyone know how shes doing when I get back.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
you can pull the skin up on her back and if it takes awhile for it the go back to normal the she is dehydrated.. if it goes back quick then shes should be ok... thats what our vet told us to do... hope she gets better!! let us know what the vet says

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
OMG hope she is ok, thinking of her, poor girl.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
OMG how scary, I really hope she's going to be ok. If she stops eating or seems dehydrated try to give her some pedialight or chicken broth. Dosia did this to me once and I though he had parvo. I stayed up all night with him giving him an ounce of fluid every hour since he could hold nothing down.
Sounds like Helena just ate something that didn't agree with her, could have very well been the grease. I will say a prayer for her and please keep us updated.
(hugs) I'm so sorry she isn't feeling good.

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Your girl is definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so we went to the vet. She perked up a lot at the vet, acting almost normal. The vet checked her over, listened for bowel sounds, he said he didn't hear any which meant that she was dehydrated. She had a fever of 103.5 He said she possibly has a bacterial infection in her intestines. He said we would treat symptoms for now and if she was not doing better tomorrow he would want to do a work up of blood work, xray's. He gave her three injections, one for nausea, one antacid and an antibiotic. He sent me home a script with an antibiotic and also told me to give her prilosec along with it during the course. He said if she continues to throw up tonight not to be overly concerned, it might just need to work itself out. He also sent me home with two cans of bland dog food, he said to try to feed her tonight but not to worry if shes not interested. But he does want to see her eating in the morning. Also he gave me a large syringe and said to give her 3 or 4 or them every hour of pedialyte. I just gave her 3 doses of it. She hacked a little but didn't throw up. I will keep you all updated on her progress over tonight. Lets hope she keeps the pedialyte down and then I will try the canned dog food tonight.

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Count me in on the prayers as well. Hope you feel better Helena. It really hurts to see something you love so much not feel well, and that helpless feeling is the worst:(

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awww girl I'm sorry she isn't well. I wish I could give you both a big hug right now. I'm always up late so if you stay up with her tonight and wanna talk I got my phone on.
Love you guys (hugs)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks KG. We just gave her more pedialyte, its 6 oz at a time I figured up. She is keeping it down so are and this was her second round of it.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That's really good. If she's keeping it down then she'll most likely be feeling better really soon.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She perked up when Andrew came home, she was wagging her tail, she didn't get up. But she had more of a brightness back in her eyes. About to put more pedialyte down her!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts