Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i am the proud owner of a brindle male apbt and i love him his name is bam-bam my name is eddie im 24 we live in northwest indiana i work in a factory and love life ha well i recently like today added a 6 weeks old pup to my family recently like today lol now im nervous about the intro to my 2 year bam bam i showed my pup to bam and he sniffed and kinda bump him with head and just was excited i would say it was not agreesive no growling or snapping im just not sure how a adult dog is supposed to related to a puppy please give me some info on behaivor when intro a puppy to a adult and what not thanks guys ahead

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP... your dog probly isnt gonna show any aggression towards a 6 week old puppy... i would just watch them and be cautious at all times :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi Eddie and welcome to the gp family. You are so lucky a puppy. I am excited for you I can not wiat until I find mine. :). When I introduce a pup to the household I usually do it outside but i have done it in the house. I hold the pup and let the other dogs sniff them then I set the pup down and just keep an eye on everyone. I doubt you will have much trouble while the pup is so small it is when he gets older and starts to mature that you will have to watch things.
Is the new pup an APBT too?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I was going to name my dog bam bam but we stuck to ashes cuz of her color lol It should be fine for now most dogs aren't aggressive to puppies but I would keep an eye on when the puppy wants to play and her bite, it can get on bam bam's nerves. And welcome to GP :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
he is adorable!!! Congratulations and welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay so this is just maybe me just being a worry wort lol but i needed you guys to look at this and tell me what you think is this okay should i worry how long should i let this go on is it common lol lots of question sorry for bothering you all but i get so nervous lol thanks for you all patience

thanks again

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
tyson will play and roll around with pups all day... at this age as long as bam-bam is growling or snapping i wouldnt worry so much... but thats just for now... youre more than likely gonna have to seperate them when the pup gets bigger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts