Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kelly, or Hotspur on here. I live in Texas with one pit bull mix, a shepherd mix, and four Jack Russell Terriers. Along with a paint quarter horse and quite a few cats.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning a thing or two. ^^

I take my terriers hunting when I can. It's a real treat to them, and I thoroughly enjoy being out there with'em as well.

Anywho.. without further ado, my dogs & horse:

Katie, my spayed pittie mix:

Daisy, my shepherd mix:

Truman, one of the Jrts:

Suzy, one of the Jacks.. also one hellova hunter:

Mouse, my spayed Jrt who is solely a pet:

Magic, one of the Jacks:

Solitaire, my mare:

·
Registered
16 Posts
....WELCOME. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
835 Posts
you're living a life anyone should envy.
always a dream of mine to have a few horses
and several types of dogs, with room to spare.

glad to meet you, and welcome to
the forum. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thamnks you two. :D

I wouldn't say my life is envious by any stretch of the imagination. Haha. I've always wanted a few horses, but lack of money won't allow. We're only capable of keeping one. Also, the place my mare is at in the photos is my uncle's place. It's lovely, isn't it? She's no longer staying there though.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Hi Kelly from a fellow Texan, I must say your QH is gorgeous, do you work her any, I rode barrells and poles in High school, aslo used to break and train horses that long ago, lol. Great pics of the dogs, I am lovin the shepherd mix smiling face :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

You have some purrrty pups!

Beautiful horse as well!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again!

Apbtmom, she actually isn't broke right now. I got her only because a family member promised he'd help me train her.. and, well, he didn't keep his promise. SO, now I'm raising money to pay for a trainer. She'll probably only be a pleasure horse though.

And Daisy is certainly a sweetie. :D We've been trying to find a good home for her recently.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
As I said, wehre in Texas are you if you are close enough I would be more than happy to help :D It has been years since I have been on a horse, she is gorgeous though and if properly broke you will have the same spirit on your hands but with manners :D I would love to see mroe pics of her, have you thuoght about anything to do with her other than pleeasure ride??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live in Hunt County. I would highly appreciate the help!

I've thought about doing barrels.. and I've always loved sorting and cutting. Her grandsire is Shots Flying Spark, who has produced many horses that excel in quite a variety of events. English and Western. As for photos, I will add an album of her to my profile in just a bit. :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awesomeness, I am in Travis county in Austin, trying to put HUnt Co. in my brain, lol. And I know who her sire was, that is awesome, I love to see a good cutting horse in action, that was something I never did but always wanted too, I loved barrells and poles. I will have to check out her album on your page :D

p.s. PLease call me Tye :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hunt is in North East Texas. :) Her sire is one of my uncle's horses. He has no performance record, and is probably better off a gelding. He has Go Man Go and other running bred QHs in his line.

I would love to do barrels or poles some day, if I can ever get her trained for it!

Tye it is then. :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
still not that far from me, I don't think a day to come there visit and come back, lol. It really isn't hard to train them, just havet o have patience, lol. She is a gorgeous girl :D I look forward to seeing more pics and hopefulyl meeting her one day :D And just start her off by walkin around the barrells frist, let her sniff them, show her they won't hurt her ;) Then go at a trot and up the pace only when she is comfortable :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts