Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! Im new to the forums. I stumbled across this website by looking for pitbull pics online, trying to find one that looked kind of like mine.

I have two Pitbulls, both red nose.

My baby girl Bella. She is a brown, brindle from a litter of 12. She is 1 yr 4 mos. old. Super spoiled and a cat lover and human lover.

And then I have Hercules. He is the newest member of the fam. He just turned 6 weeks old. Bella is not her mother, just an older sister, or maybe future wife, im not too sure :)

Here are some pics. I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to getting to know some of you and your beautiful pitbulls as well. :)

BELLA

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

HERCULES

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots to be learned here :D Cute dogs.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Awww! Hercules looks soooo much like my boy Bullet when he was little! Welcome, you will learn a lot here! I did notice that you mentioned possibly breeding your female... please, do a lot of research before you breed your dog. The only reason (in my opinion) that a pibull should be bred is for the betterment of the breed as a whole, and I'm sure others on here would agree. There are so many puppies and adult dogs being put to sleep in shelters every day, especially pitbulls, and that's the last thing any of us want. Ask questions around here and search for other threads about breeding do's and don'ts and the reasons why a dog should/shouldn't be bred, there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum, you will learn a lot. :welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yes! i totally agree with you!!! I watch pit-boss allot on tv lol and im fully aware about the problem with the pitbull dogs over populating the animal shelters and being put down due to nobody adopting them. Its really sad! Thankfully I have a very big family that fell in love with bella and allot of good friends of mine, responsible people that would someday want a pitbull puppy. They fell inlove with this breed as I did. And I will have a huge backyard to keep atleast 1 or 2.

I appreciate all your words of advice. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
oh yes! i totally agree with you!!! I watch pit-boss allot on tv lol and im fully aware about the problem with the pitbull dogs over populating the animal shelters and being put down due to nobody adopting them. Its really sad! Thankfully I have a very big family that fell in love with bella and allot of good friends of mine, responsible people that would someday want a pitbull puppy. They fell inlove with this breed as I did. And I will have a huge backyard to keep atleast 1 or 2.

I appreciate all your words of advice. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
Welcome to the board.....let me give you your first REAL advice :).

YOU DON'T breed your dog for friends and family reasons. Tell your friends and family members to go to a shelter and save a life and adopt a pit bull. Do yourself a favor and get Bella fixed she doesn't need to be a mother. You will be living in he11 with an unfixed male and female together. Your male once he is mature will make it his mission to get her and then the fighting will begin. You may see a side of your girl you never seen before. Then crating and rotating your dogs will be your way of living because there is no guarantee that they will get along forever.
And who are you getting your pup from at 6 weeks old?? A real ethical breeder should be keeping the pups until they are 8 weeks old. That my friend is pit bull 101... a fine backyard breeder. And if you breed to give dogs to family and friends you will also be a backyard breeder. Showing your dogs in competition like conformation, weight pull, etc. is the only ethical reason to breed your dog. And they need to be health tested before breeding for hip dysplasia and other genetic defects. You say you watch pit boss and see that pit bulls are hard to find homes for? Well, breeding just because you can or because you have people that want a pup from you is taking homes away from the dogs locked in the shelters waiting for a lethal injection. Sorry to come across harsh but to many new owners come here talking about breeding and have NO CLUE what they are doing or talking about. Hope you stay around and learn to become a better pit owner and stop the vicious backyard breeder cycle. ~Peace~

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the board.....let me give you your first REAL advice :).

YOU DON'T breed your dog for friends and family reasons. Tell your friends and family members to go to a shelter and save a life and adopt a pit bull. Do yourself a favor and get Bella fixed she doesn't need to be a mother. You will be living in he11 with an unfixed male and female together. Your male once he is mature will make it his mission to get her and then the fighting will begin. You may see a side of your girl you never seen before. Then crating and rotating your dogs will be your way of living because there is no guarantee that they will get along forever.
And who are you getting your pup from at 6 weeks old?? A real ethical breeder should be keeping the pups until they are 8 weeks old. That my friend is pit bull 101... a fine backyard breeder. And if you breed to give dogs to family and friends you will also be a backyard breeder. Showing your dogs in competition like conformation, weight pull, etc. is the only ethical reason to breed your dog. And they need to be health tested before breeding for hip dysplasia and other genetic defects. You say you watch pit boss and see that pit bulls are hard to find homes for? Well, breeding just because you can or because you have people that want a pup from you is taking homes away from the dogs locked in the shelters waiting for a lethal injection. Sorry to come across harsh but to many new owners come here talking about breeding and have NO CLUE what they are doing or talking about. Hope you stay around and learn to become a better pit owner and stop the vicious backyard breeder cycle. ~Peace~
awesome advice! and no dont worry i dont take it personal or harsh. quite frankly its what allot of people need to know to save pits from allot of trouble. And i greatly appreciate your words! Its just the emotions of thinking of my Bella being a mother. She would be an awesome one trust me! but its probably not worth the trouble with all the irresponsible breeding going on.

Keep doing what you do!

But im not sure where you are from, maybe you have that problem with over populated pitbulls in shelters everywhere. But where I live there are not that many pitbulls around. So maybe you are so used to seeing that problem on a daily basis and you are more Concerned about that than I am, which is completely normal. But i will keep your words in mind. THANKS! :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Hello Everyone! Im new to the forums. I stumbled across this website by looking for pitbull pics online, trying to find one that looked kind of like mine.

I have two Pitbulls, both red nose.

My baby girl Bella. She is a brown, brindle from a litter of 12. She is 1 yr 4 mos. old. Super spoiled and a cat lover and human lover.

And then I have Hercules. He is the newest member of the fam. He just turned 6 weeks old. Bella is not her mother, just an older sister, or maybe future wife, im not too sure :)

Here are some pics. I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to getting to know some of you and your beautiful pitbulls as well. :)

BELLA

Bella is a very beautiful girl. She reminds me a lot of my dog Loki (the one in my avatar and sig pic).

Did she fart in this pic? LMAO! It looks like you are experiencing a pit fart here.

You're receiving some very sound advice here regarding breeding. I love my dogs and I love puppies but my dog will never produce any because I also know from being an active member on this forum that a litter of puppies is a ton of work and not something to take lightly. This breed is on the brink of being completely outlawed in numerous parts of the world (not country, world) and you have little to no control over what becomes of puppies you produce once they leave your home. I realize you think that you have friends and family that have expressed interest in owning offspring of your pet bull but that is by no means a sound reason to breed your dog.

Despite you claims that pit bulls are not that common in your area you have somehow managed to obtain two of them in a short span of time from what I am assuming are other back yard breeders. This tells me that they are not entirely uncommon and should you take a little day trip to one of your local shelters you may just be shocked at what you see there. The pit bull overpopulation is not just an major city problem, it is a global one. Thousands of these amazing dogs expire in shelters daily. Please, take the advice you read on here to heart and rethink your potential future plans for your pups.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi and welcome!! this is an awsome site with great people that will help ou learn all you can about this wonderful breed. We do have a tendancy to not mince words we shoot straight from the hip so I hope you have a thick skin. We tend to be like our dogs and we hold on til the end.

Please consider what others have said and spay/neuter your dogs. If you have friends and family that truely want a dog they will find one you do not have to produce any for them.

What type of pedigrees do your dogs have? Are you planning on showing them, working them at all or are they going to be petbulls?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi and welcome!! this is an awsome site with great people that will help ou learn all you can about this wonderful breed. We do have a tendancy to not mince words we shoot straight from the hip so I hope you have a thick skin. We tend to be like our dogs and we hold on til the end.

Please consider what others have said and spay/neuter your dogs. If you have friends and family that truely want a dog they will find one you do not have to produce any for them.

What type of pedigrees do your dogs have? Are you planning on showing them, working them at all or are they going to be petbulls?
HI !!!! yes the advice I have received is priceless and awesome!!!! I have been thinking allot about what I have been told and I have reconsidered my thoughts. I will most definitely spay/neuter my bella and hercules. If I ever want another pit I will adopt one.

I love my babies a TON and respect all the owners of such amazing pitbulls on this forum, for being responsible and truly loving as should be. And for making the right choices, which I truly intend to follow.

I dont really plan on showing my dogs. I just truly love and enjoy their company. They will be my babies and my pets for as long as they will live :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
HI !!!! yes the advice I have received is priceless and awesome!!!! I have been thinking allot about what I have been told and I have reconsidered my thoughts. I will most definitely spay/neuter my bella and hercules. If I ever want another pit I will adopt one.

I love my babies a TON and respect all the owners of such amazing pitbulls on this forum, for being responsible and truly loving as should be. And for making the right choices, which I truly intend to follow.

I dont really plan on showing my dogs. I just truly love and enjoy their company. They will be my babies and my pets for as long as they will live :)
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for doing what is right! :) There is a lot more to learn on this forum as well, I really hope you stick around and become one of our valued members. There is so much to learn about this breed, its history, and responsible ownership, more than I ever thought I would know before joining this forum! So again, :welcome: and we all thank you for being a responsible pitbull owner!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts