Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this site when searching for information about what age my APBT will stop growing. I decided to sign up and be able to interact with other APBT owners. Most of the people I know where not very supportive of me when I decided to adopt a pitbull, but someday they will see. I lost my black lab very unexpectedly last Halloween, and I wasn't even sure that I would ever want another dog. Zeke was my baby, and I missed him terribly. I started realizing that I missed having a dog too, so I decided that I wanted to help a dog (instead of just getting a dog to help myself). I started doing research on different breeds of dogs, and how to train dogs. My Zeke was an outside dog because he was terrified of coming inside. I did not have the knowledge to train him otherwise, and therefore I did not get the opportunity to share as much time with him. I decided I wanted a short coated dog, medium sized, and relatively easy to train. I started searching the local humane shelters online, and I found that about 80% of the pit and pit mix dogs (including young puppies) never made it out of shelter. Further research on the breed led me to discover The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan. Within a short amount of time (and careful consideration), I had decided that I wanted to adopt a pit with the hopes of saving a life (and maybe changing a few negative opinions as well). I wanted a puppy so that I would have the opportunity to raise her with my children and not have to worry about trying to break any bad habits that might come along with an older dog. After a few months I found my China Doll. She was 7 weeks old, purebred, and she and her two sisters where about to be sent to the humane society because the owner had no luck selling them. They were not registered and had not received any shots. I took all three home with me, got them vetted, and found great homes for the other two. By taking all three, I not only had more time to decide which puppy was right for me, but I got to ensure that they received vet care and did not die in a shelter. China Doll was the runt of the litter, and I would have overlooked her if I had been forced to chose just one puppy (her sisters dominated her and made her stay back when I was trying to choose). I thank God that her breeder allowed me to take all of them rather than send them to the shelter. China will be ten weeks old tomorrow, and has now been a part of my family for three weeks. She is training very well, and I am blessed to have her in my life.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
:welcome: looking forward to pictures :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks everyone! I hope these pictures post. The only pictures I have of China online are the ones I have on dogster. All the rest are on my cell and computer.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
hahahaha I LOVE the relaxed remote picture, I didn't see your hand at first, lol :) and the sleeping puppy pic is adorable! So cute!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Aww she is adorable, is she sable? or is that just the light in the 2nd pic. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is reddish tan with white on her chest and belly, and a cute little red nose. She has a shade of darker brown that comes down between her eyes and makes her look like she has a widow's peak. I'm loading another picture so you can see.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
She is soooooooooooo cute. The sleeping on the back pic has to be my favorite. :)

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Welcome! You will find very friendly, easy to talk to folks here that share the same affection of the breed :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts