Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really have any intention of getting a dog but I went home to visit my parents last Friday and my younger sister was watching one of her "friends" dogs. A beautiful 7 month old brown brindle pit with a horrible name that I don't even want to disclose. I played with her a little bit and she was the gentlest dog I had ever met. She was a little small and very shy.

My sister said that her owners were not the best in the world. She had zero shots and a stomach virus, but my sister works for a vet and was handling this. She also said that they had 2 more male Pits and they basically would just put food in one big bowl and they had to fend for themselves after that. From what I was told they just wanted to breed her. I was just joking with my sister and I said I might steal her from you. She said well if you can give her a good home I will let you take her. So 2 days later I am the happy owner of a beautiful 7 month old pit who I renamed Lucy.

She got spayed this morning and has basically been sleeping all day. I have a few pics on my blackberry I will upload soon. I am very happy that I could get her away from some neglectful owners and give her the love she deserves. She is starting to normal out I think. My sister took her to a dog park early last week and said she was petrified and just stood behind her shaking. I took her Sunday morning and she was very good. She played very well with the other dogs and socialized.

I had family dogs growing up but she is the first dog that is mine. I can already tell she is very smart, much more so than my moms Boston Terrier. She listens when I say no and has become housebroken for the most part. Se hasn't gone to the bathroom in the house for a few days and lets me know when she needs to go out. I am very happy with her.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome and glad u took her! :) IS this ur first pit??? If so u will get a lot of advice and input on here. And read everything bout the breed adn enjoy her she's adorable!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, she is my first pit. First thing I did was get on here and read the food thread and went out and got her a quality food. I am a very active person and picky about what I put in my body so the same thing will go for her. I hope she can keep up with me :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
OH she will lol but most ppl in this forum will disagree with the dog park, since u are first time pit owner maybe u shld kind of avoid it.....not telling u wat to do if it sounds that way; just saying if something goes wrong even if it's not ur dogs fault u will be blamed for it just for having a pit. U can ask ppl here wat they think but it's up to u. and congrats on ur pit :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Congratulations on giving her a good home! She looks like a bit of a character.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi Andrew and Lucy!! Welcome to the forum. The best socialization you can do for your dog is to introduce her to lots of people and different places but not dogs this breed doesn't need to play with other dogs. At some point in time your dog will most likely show dog aggression (DA) and if your dogs never starts a fight be sure that if one broke out your dog will finish the fight.

You will not any problem with her keeping up to you I think it will be the other way around you might not be able to keep up with her. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noted. Good to know. She seems to do great with people and dogs but certainly not worth any risk, when anything that happens would surely be blamed on her and I. I look forward to reading the forums and learning a lot more about them. Thanks for the advice everyone. I will take our my camera and take some better pictures of her tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts