Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new to the forum. found it through a google search and ive been lerking for about a week. thought i would finally register as it seems you guys are nice and educated about the breed. i have a 7m old apbt. pics soon

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)
his name is Lt. Murphy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D hes a cutie!!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Welcome to the pack. First off I have to tell you that he is adorable! Secondly, being that you posted a ped that says he's an American Bully, I feel compelled to correct you in your statement that he's an American Pit Bull Terrier. What you have on your hands is an American Bully. But we love dogs of all breeds and backgrounds so I do hope you enjoy your stay on our yard.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awe. He is adorable!! Your at a great place to learn all you can. Welcome :)

·
Banned
314 Posts
Welcome Zohawn...you're in a good place. Took me a day to get used to the politeness around here, LOL. Hope you get used to it as quick as I did.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i saw that but the dog is posted in other registries too. none of the other dogs in his ped are bullies and the weight is wrong, hes 70lbs max, hes only knee high. im waiting for the ped from the adba

·
Banned
314 Posts
Just seeing the fathers ped and pic tells me he's not an APBT. 114#? Way too big. He looks closer to an American Bulldog than an APBT. And seeing the blue also tells me he's a bully, as the AST carries the blues.

In the near future, dual registration will be over soon, for Bullies/APBT's. They are different breeds now. Usually the peddlers cause all the problems. Just ask a professional bullie breeder...they are not the same. Check out several topics put up, and look at the threads, and hear it from both sides.

And in the old school APBT circles, there's a saying: The bigger they are, the bigger the chance of being a cur. In English, that means they are useless for the original purpose of the APBT, and that was in the [].

BTW, thought your dog looks good!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blah i see RE in the dams ped, off got his nuts! lol

·
Banned
314 Posts
Razor's Edge are not APBT's...Go to post and see that said by RE President. He admits they not same breed, and admits other breeds were added. RE couldn't fight their way out of a bag. They are cur dogs bred for show, no go...

Go to Bloodlines and under sticky you'll find Dave Wilson on RE....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
blah i see RE in the dams ped, off got his nuts! lol
why do you say blah? american bullys are nice dogs , unless you were wanting an APBT and not a bully then maybe research should have been done before hand. Welcome to the site and hope you can learn some things about your dog and this breed , there is a bullys 101 section yu may want to read up on :)

Razor's Edge are not APBT's...Go to post and see that said by RE President. He admits they not same breed, and admits other breeds were added. RE couldn't fight their way out of a bag. They are cur dogs bred for show, no go...

Go to Bloodlines and under sticky you'll find Dave Wilson on RE....
Dave wilson admits to using am staff and APBT in the razors edge dogs he produced , there is a part where he commented "others" may have used other breeds.
The american bullys were produced for a whole different purpose then the APBT so comparing the 2 is really mute , to say a razorsedge dog has no go you obviously dont know some of them. they arent bred for what the APBT is but the way you made them sound they are good for nothing which really not true, they arent all couch potatoes.

to the OP again , your dog is really cute and I hope you still love him regardless of the breed , If you were truely fooled by what you are buying and it wasnt what you were led to believe I would take it up with the breeder and see if a refund can be given , I know by now Id be attached lol so hopefully this all works out for you.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hes getting fixed for sure, his papers just came in.

the people who produce dogs i want have co-ownership contracts. i dont want to co-own a dog or i would get a performance pup from the litter she breeding she just posted. both sire and dam are amazing. tempest is what i would consider my perfect dog.

·
Banned
314 Posts
I'm sure they're not all couch potatoes, LOL, my point was that the true APBT is in a legue alone, and RE are not anywhere near them in that aspect. Proof is in the performance, as one breeder put it.

I have nothing against RE dogs, just the pretenders who breed 'em and fool newcomers to the APBT breed . They aren't the same and never will be. I'm sure they make great pets and show dogs.

You are absolutly correct they were bred for a different purpose. I just want the novice owners of RE dogs to know that too.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eagle, did you even bother reading my post? i dont like RE at all, completely not what im looking for.

i put trust in some one and got bit=my bad. off with his nuts means castrated i.e. no dogs sired by him...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Dont really feel bad for you honestly you as a buyer should have researched what you were buying a bit better and maybe looked at the parents peds before. will the breeder refund at all? how long have you had the dog? Could always find a good home for him where he is wanted and get the dog you really want. if its a performance dog you want there are a few great breeders who will sell and not have a coown contract in place { however may have a breeding contract in place , most wont want to give breeding rights}

Reactions: Eagle

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Welcome to GP, Lt. Murphy sure is a cutie, stick around and learn, learning is good and I am glad to hear you are gonna neuter him ;)

·
Banned
314 Posts
oops, I guess I read too fast and missed that, sorry. I'm just growing impatient with many people(not on this site!!) and wanna stop the lies from spreading like a fire. Once it gets out of control it's hard to stop.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont really feel bad for you honestly you as a buyer should have researched what you were buying a bit better and maybe looked at the parents peds before. will the breeder refund at all? how long have you had the dog? Could always find a good home for him where he is wanted and get the dog you really want. if its a performance dog you want there are a few great breeders who will sell and not have a coown contract in place { however may have a breeding contract in place , most wont want to give breeding rights}
i ment a dog from monsoon x siren from k9 performance knl...she posts here.

http://www.gopitbull.com/authorized-breeders/36603-k9-performance-knls-monsoon-x-siren.html

and angel im not looking for pitty or sympathy. i trusted some one and knew better...oh well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts