Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jacqueline, and I'm cross posting this in a couple of forums. I spent a few days reading through Pit related posts on many different forums, and considered whether or not I should register. Once I did it took another day to convince myself to post.

But hello none the less. I am not a bully owner, but I have adored the breed for years. I am currently away for college, and living back home I have a sweet English Pointer named Fei. Jacqueline Ferrigno's Photos | Facebook with her best friend, Melly, who thinks she's an artist. Jacqueline Ferrigno's Photos | Facebook

I have a passion for animals, art work, genetics, and science in general. I've been researching color genetics for over 10 years now, and am currently going to school for secondary education. I hope to teach both science and social studies when I graduate.

Lately I have started working on a concept for a online dog game which would help educate and bring awareness to breeds suffering from BSL as well as counter negative media attention. The primary goal would be to educate, and the secondary goal would be to raise money to fund more bully-breed rescues. My little avatar is the logo for a location in the game called "The Sweet Pit" where it's a little bakery and sweet treat store front. The owner has a rescued Pit named Cara (short for Caramel).

So yes, I can ramble on about myself and my passions, but I shall restrain myself for now! Right now, I'm here to learn, love on some dogs, and keep that Pitty-muse of mine working LOL.

Thanks guys!

<3 Jacqueline

Oh, and PS. I've heard that genetically the Am.Staff and Am.Pit are the same. With differences being in registry and body type. But I've always head of Am.Bulls being American Bull Dogs. So what is an American Bully?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Hello and welcome! The Amstaff started as American Pit Bull Terriers, but were registered AKC under the name American Stafforshire Terrier. Over time since the Amstaff was bred for show and the APBT bred for working they became separate breeds. Many of the UKC dogs are becoming quite the same and some show breeders still do AKC/UKC litters. The ADBA dogs most closely represent the true look of the APBT.

The American Bully and Bull dogs are completely different breeds. The American Bully started as AKC/UKC dogs, but then crossed with other breeds to quickly add mass and what each breeder thought was "impressive" looking. They are now their own breed ( however many started with UKC papers and a lot still have them). There are a couple different American Bully registries and a rise of breeders producing consistent dogs.

If you use the search area up at the top you can find a ton of threads on these subject as they have been talked about many times over and are full of 100's of peoples opinions on the subjects.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
welcome, Melly looks super sweet, lol Looking forward to seeing her drawings ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts