Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Indiana. Responsible owner of 3 APBT's. 2nd and 3rd Generation. Father (8 Years Old) and 2 Sons (2 Years Old).

Love everything Pitbull. Everything about them. I own 3 of the best behaved animals in my State.

Well, glad to be here and look forward to meeting a lot of you! :doggy:

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
welcome! Post up some pictures when you can would love to see your boys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I put up 1 pic of my 2 year old male Tyson. He's an odd ball. There is some type of gene in the family he shares with his father than makes him what I call 'Pigmantly Challenged'. He also has more skin than most Pits on his neck. But he has a strict blood line so I think there is some type of Gene mutation in him. His father, as well as his Great Uncle, had pigment loss in their eyes. Small amounts of Crystal clear blue in their eyes. My vet has said that it is a Genetic inheritance that will stay within them and result somewhere in each litter (more than likely) for basically ever. He's been right so far.

His right eye is Crystal Clear Blue. He's weighed in at 87 lbs at his last Vet Visit when he was a little over a year old, he probably weighs closer to 100 now. His Grandpa weighs 118lbs, currently alive. His other eye is Brown. On the side of his body with the Crystal Clear Blue Eye he's solid white but his ear which has brown spots. Then on his left side he has a brown spot on his head and down the middle of his left side on his stomach. He's strange. And he has developed some Wrinkles on his face, like a Sharpee. But there is NO Sharpee in the family at all. They are 3rd generation, their father is a result of a breeding I did, I can trace their family back roughly 6 generations. Their mother I am able to see back 3 generations currently alive. In my small town it's easy to do such a thing. Each breeding has been a result of breeding the Father with an outside bloodline. Very Strict Breeding.

I've never seen a Pit Quite like him. His Wrinkles are unique, he didn't develop them til he was older...so I don't know if he has some type of 'mutated' gene but there is no other breeds in the family at all. 6 Generations, I have 5 Generation's pictures and they are all registered with the CKC.

His brother is Black and White, his name is Junior, (Junior after his dad). He has no Wrinkles. His other 3 brothers and sisters are nothing like him (Tyson) either, no wrinkles at all. So I don't know what happened or what has caused this. Lol...

Dad is Black and White also, I don't have a picture of him right now on this computer but I'll get one up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have been trying to upload pictures, what I have, and it won't let me. It select what I'm going to upload and click upload pictures then it goes to the next page and just sits there. I've tried submitting a picture that was under 600x600 AND under the 95kb size and still does same thing.
Had no trouble uploading my profile avatar. So I'll try again later.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
WOW sounds huge to be an APBT! lol I always love the wrinkles on pups lol What is the CKC? Canadian Kennel Club? have not heard of it before. :)

If you upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket and then copy the IMG code into here, we can see them as well :)

yeah pictures are broken as well as albums the best way is a picture sharing photo site, like photobucket :) They have an app if you have a smart phone, just look for the share and copy the

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Best way is to use a site like photobucket to upload pics and then copy and paste the "IMG" code from there to here. welcome to the forum by the way.
Im curious though if the father and grandfather had a mutated gene as you call it why did you chose to breed them? and "strict" breeding curious as to what classifies a "strict" breeding vs just a breeding especially seeing as you did all outcrosses, usually breeders to keep traits and lines going do the opposite of that.

Reactions: Blue_Nose_Bella

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
WOW sounds huge to be an APBT! lol I always love the wrinkles on pups lol What is the CKC? Canadian Kennel Club? have not heard of it before. :)

If you upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket and then copy the IMG code into here, we can see them as well :)
there are 2 CKC registrys , one being the canadian kennel club they only recognize AKC dogs though so with this breed would only be am staff so from what he is saying would think its the 2nd CKC continental kennel club or something and they register anything and everything even mutts can get papers from them , not reputable at all.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the forum though I am questioning your "responsible" breeding practices as well as registering dogs with the CKC which isn't a reputable registry. AKC, UKC, ADBA and ABKC are reputable but CKC registers hybrid mutts. It also sounds as if you are breeding bandogs or American bullys because 118 lbs is not a real APBT. What is your purpose for breeding genetic mutations? What is your purpose for breeding at all other than breeding just to breed? Do your dogs have any titles in anything they have accomplished to prove breed worthy? Sorry but I'm just curious how you call yourself responsible and yet don't seem to know what you are even breeding. What bloodlines are your dogs? Do you have a peds on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts