Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Just found the forums. Looks pretty good. I just rescued my first pitbull. He is honestly one of the best dogs I have ever been around. He was set to be euthanized on December 15th. I met him on December 7th for the first time and called daily to make sure that if someone had not taken him home I would be. On December 14th I picked him up and brought him to his forever home. The last 3 days have been very interesting to say the least. From Wednesday until Friday morning he had not ate or drank nor barked. I was becoming more and more nervous. I took him to the vet and had him looked over. We found out that he does have hook worms, kennel cough, and the saddest of all. Crushed vocal chords. We have already began treatments for the worms and kennel cough. And now about 17 hours later he is showing small signs of improvement . The biggest is that now he has a full appetite and thirst, And his cough does not seem as violent. I am am very happy to have brought this big baby home with me. I am seeing a long future ahead of us both.

With this being my first pit bull I will have MANY MANY questions. Please bare with me.

Here is my new baby:

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Very nice looking dog. Good work for rescuing him!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
What a handsome boy!Welcome to the forum!Ask any and all questions you may have,we'll be glad to help.Hope your boy has a speedy recovery

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome tothe forum. good job on rescuing him, he is very handsome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts