Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new pup Bentley. We just wanted to stop in and say hello. I have been viewing yalls forums for a few weeks now learning what i can about APBT's and we finally decided to break the ice. He is turning 10 weeks tomorrow and cant wait to start puppy classes with him. What age do yall think would be safe to take to these classes as the vets say not before 16 weeks after the last set of shots and i dont wanna risk him getting parvo but that seems along time to not have him socializing. Any comments are welcome and if yall have any tips please let me know. The older post are very informative so im sure i can find the stuff myself as i have already spent a few hours reading them. Thanks again and yall have a nice day

At 6 weeks

At 9 weeks

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) Cute pup and I'm glad you are here to learn!!! I would definitely wait until 4 months to start classes. Having him up to date on his shots before starting is the way to go ;) I would definitely start socializing him though. Bring him places to meet all kinds of people. Just keep him away from other dogs for now and try to keep him off the floors of pet store chains. You never know what maybe floating around on them floors.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
its more important to get him used to people, noises, etc than meeting other dogs. I take my boy out for a walk when I see the trash truck, he used to get really nervous around trucks and buses, living in the city this is not good, so i just introduce him to sounds. Since your boy in young you don't have to walk around, but maybe go park somewhere, like a mall, so he is used to lots of things going on and knowing he is safe with you. Welcome! Your pup looks adorable! Great Eyes!!

This is a nice thread about it, not sure if you have already seen it, if so my apologies.

http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/38109-socializing.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both

Thank you both for your replies. I will wait till he his completely done with shots before starting a class. My wife calls him the golden child cause I pay more attention to him than my kids. And no I had not read the thread you sent thank you. I have been taking him everywhere with me especially on the weekends to my friends around a ton of kids and he loves the attention. Have a nice night and I look forward to sharing his life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts