Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking for a forum like this for quite some time! i've been doing my research on pitties and bsl, but there's always room to learn and that's one thing that brings me here. it's also nice to talk to people of like minds for a change instead of those hateful twits out there.

anyway, a little about me - i have 3 dogs, all of which are mixes.
here we have samy, 5, and leigha, 2.

and this is mcgruff, 1 1/2.

(anyone wanna guess their breeds?)

i look forward to meeting ya'll and lots of learning and reading. =)

Reactions: MamaTank

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Welcome to GP from a fellow Texan, good lookin pack ya got there and you have come to the right place to learn about both the breed and BSL. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, there are tons of great people here with LOTS of great info :D As far as the mixes go, I'll give ya my guesses but I am by no means an expert, lol

Samy - who has the most adorable fave, btw, looks to be pit/GSD mix, maybe some sort of hound mix with pit.
Leigha - love the way it's spelt, my middle name is Leigh :p, almost looks pit/ EB to me, the face is why I say that, she is a small girl too. Love the underbite she has :D
McGruff - hahaha great name, looks to be a SHar-Pei/pit mix to me.

I could be wrong on all three counts, without papers you will never know, but I can tell they are loved :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the warm welcomes!!

all of my dogs are rescues, so their breeds are questionable, but this is what we've come up with -
samy is a boxer/dane mix. he's 80 pounds, comes up to the middle of my thigh and is the brains of the pack. sometimes i swear he's too smart for his own good.
leighla is a beagle/staffy mix and the sassy one. you should hear her when it's time to eat! she acts like she hasn't been fed in days.
and you nailed gruffy's breeds on the head, apbt, he's a shar-pei/pit mix. he takes after me as he's the klutz of the pack, and he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but we love him anyway.

there's never a dull moment around our house with these knuckleheads, lol. but i wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts

all of my dogs are rescues, so their breeds are questionable, but this is what we've come up with -
samy is a boxer/dane mix. he's 80 pounds, comes up to the middle of my thigh and is the brains of the pack. sometimes i swear he's too smart for his own good.
leighla is a beagle/staffy mix and the sassy one. you should hear her when it's time to eat! she acts like she hasn't been fed in days.
and you nailed gruffy's breeds on the head, apbt, he's a shar-pei/pit mix. he takes after me as he's the klutz of the pack, and he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but we love him anyway.

there's never a dull moment around our house with these knuckleheads, lol. but i wouldn't trade any of them for the world.
I hear you with the "there's never a dull moment"!! I have two rescues-- an APBT and a white GSD. We also have to cat, one of which thinks he is a dog, lol. Add in a Ball Python and 2 small children, and it's a party! :D
:welcome: to GP by the way! Your pups are freaking ADORABLE, anddddd I think I'm gonna go with my favorite being McGruff, his smooshy face is just too cute! :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts

lol I don't see boxer in Samy but you are prolly right, like I said no expert here but I always like to guess :p He looks like the brains of the pack, lol.
And now that you say Beagle, I see it in Leighla, someone dumped a beagle bitch on my doorstep a few months back, lol, she was such a sweet girl, not fond of the baying though, lol.
And please call me Tye, and McGruff and I would get along great as I am a huge clutz as well ;)

Gotta love the furballs, they bring such light and love into our lives :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome to GP :) Cute bunch of hounds!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone. =)

tye - leighla doesn't do too much baying, but she'll definitely whine, groan and moan when food's involved, lol. and gruffy's hazardous to my health, 2 klutzes don't mix well.

we're thinkin about doing the dna tests for them; if and when we do, i'll be sure to share the results.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
ooo I think it's cool y'all wanna get them DNA tested, just remember that test is not 100% accurate. But I would like to hear the end results. ;) And hahaha we can't hang out, I am a huge klutz, just this past weekend, I fell in a mosh pit and scrapped my left palm really badly and I keep breaking it open, it's never gonna heal :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear you with the "there's never a dull moment"!! I have two rescues-- an APBT and a white GSD. We also have to cat, one of which thinks he is a dog, lol. Add in a Ball Python and 2 small children, and it's a party! :D
:welcome: to GP by the way! Your pups are freaking ADORABLE, anddddd I think I'm gonna go with my favorite being McGruff, his smooshy face is just too cute! :D
lol, sounds like you have your hands full! our dogs think they're kids or something and we have a cockatiel who thinks he's a dog, he's learned how to mock the dog's barking. on top of that, we have a fire belly toad, 3 tree frogs and a texas spiny lizard.

ooo I think it's cool y'all wanna get them DNA tested, just remember that test is not 100% accurate. But I would like to hear the end results. ;) And hahaha we can't hang out, I am a huge klutz, just this past weekend, I fell in a mosh pit and scrapped my left palm really badly and I keep breaking it open, it's never gonna heal :p
yeah, i know it's not completely accurate, but i think it would give us a little more direction that what we have now.
and it's probably best we don't hang out, we'd certainly be the death of one another. lol, i cut both tendons in my left hand trying to scale a dead fish. hope your hand gets better soon though!

Reactions: apbtmom76

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
^^^ lmaoooo, we would just have to keep a first aid kit on hand :p ANd yes it is healing nicely, sucker just hurts for sure, Neosporin and a band aid, took a friend to make me do it, but yeah getting better. And omg both tendons, OUCHHHHHY Hope it didn't mess anything up in your hand?? Hugs, oh yeah I have that name for a reason, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.