Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feeling the friendly atmosphere here... I was on a different site (game-dog.com) and was basically cast out at the mention of my Gottiline pup, LEONIDAS (ZEUS X TRINA) (7 mos.) I'm a long-time owner (7 yrs.) of a beautiful rescued bully also, but have never been positive on her blood and was hoping to get an opinion, visually (Not that I would breed her, but out of curiosity) I've always loved the breed/breed variations, perse... but am just starting to want to learn more, and I'd rather ask experienced owners/breeders than to come to my own conclusion based on "Google" and the many conflicts it has to offer.

Any feedback is appreciated, both of my dogs are in my signature.

Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of this community.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
no go away!

jk welcome to gp, we have a good deal of bully owners that flock here and apbt people too. should feel right at home check out bully 101 section. no way to tell her bloodline or even if she's "pure" just by looks you need papers sorry i cant be of further help either way once again welcome to gp glad to have yah here

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no go away!

jk welcome to gp, we have a good deal of bully owners that flock here and apbt people too. should feel right at home check out bully 101 section. no way to tell her bloodline or even if she's "pure" just by looks you need papers sorry i cant be of further help either way once again welcome to gp glad to have yah here
LMAO!

But yeah, of course I realize no one can be certain just from a picture, but I would still like a educated guess basically... and I also figured someone may have been in a similar situation or had a similar looking dog, you know anything is better than nothing.

Also, can I get her blood tested? Do they do that?

Sorry for all the ?'s and this is just intro I'm really just trying to progress...

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i really dont think dna's are worth it, because they arent always accurate. and im not sure many people have their dogs dna on file it seems like a silly thing also seen a dna test that showed a pure bred as like 4 different breeds bull dog lab and some other stuff. i think if you had a better pic of dosia then some one might be able to make a guess.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really dont think dna's are worth it, because they arent always accurate. and im not sure many people have their dogs dna on file it seems like a silly thing also seen a dna test that showed a pure bred as like 4 different breeds bull dog lab and some other stuff. i think if you had a better pic of dosia then some one might be able to make a guess.
Good point... she looks to me (seeing her game here and there) to be nothing other than bully/ASST/APBT but her colors are crazy... like brendel cookie madness lol she's beautiful when she's super clean...

... But anyway, I'm trying to upload another image of her momentarily so one sec...

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Good point... she looks to me (seeing her game here and there) to be nothing other than bully/ASST/APBT but her colors are crazy... like brendel cookie madness lol she's beautiful when she's super clean...

... But anyway, I'm trying to upload another image of her momentarily so one sec...
you kinda lost me at "seeing her game here and there"... but you cant always tell with rescues and mutts my dogs red heeler/pit bull mix and he doesnt even look anything close to a heeler more pit bulli-sh looking than anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you kinda lost me at "seeing her game here and there"... but you cant always tell with rescues and mutts my dogs red heeler/pit bull mix and he doesnt even look anything close to a heeler more pit bulli-sh looking than anything.
I didn't know another way to put it bluntly, but she used to be real athletic before I brought her inside.

Posted another pic' of her my sig', and uploading a couple more...

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
im not expert but imma have to say shes mixed with something other than bully, staffy, or apbt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
im not expert but imma have to say shes mixed with something other than bully, staffy, or apbt.
Enlighten me lol 'cause nothing else ever resembled to me. But be specific if you can, I don't mind I just wanna know...

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i really wanna say queensland heeler my neighbor had a dog that looked some what like yours that i think they said was a heeler. but i cant put a finger on it. the cropped ears throw me off. i havent really seen that much ticking in a bull dog which also throws me off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really wanna say queensland heeler my neighbor had a dog that looked some what like yours that i think they said was a heeler. but i cant put a finger on it. the cropped ears throw me off. i havent really seen that much ticking in a bull dog which also throws me off.
See how this dog has confused me for the past seven years?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
http://zvito.com/upload/normal/Sien...d_heeler_female_-_Prineville_-_Animals_3.jpeg

^^^ You may be right... But what other breed(s) are in the mix?... Because I know you're not trying to tell me that's all she is lol

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
its alright my uncle had a red long haired dog maybe about 50 lbs and 19 inches tall. he's only seen 1 other dog like it before and the guy that owned it didnt even know what it was, and i've only seen 1 other dog just like her as i was drivin down the street. the only thing we could figure out was the black tongue. which i would think means she had some chinese or asian dog in her blood. probably one of the best dogs i ever met though.

the thing with working dogs is that theres not always a strict standard for them so as long as they get the job done they're perfect any working breed can vary in looks so its hard to say if thats all or not.

curiousity gets you though it sucks cause you'll never truly know

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Heloo from a fellow Texan, would be easier to post pics in the pic section and as long as you love her, no matter what she really is. We love all dogs here :D You've come to the right place to find out what you need to know, lots of great people here with lots of great info :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heloo from a fellow Texan, would be easier to post pics in the pic section and as long as you love her, no matter what she really is. We love all dogs here :D You've come to the right place to find out what you need to know, lots of great people here with lots of great info :D
Oh yeah she's been the greatest, couldn't ask for a more well-behaved companion.

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone, glad to be here.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
THat's awesome, you can take the links and hit that little mountain lookin button in the top of the post thingy and backspace the http that is there and copy and paste your http and it will post the pic, or you can get a phtobucket account, it's free and easy and then you just copy and paste the IMG code :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THat's awesome, you can take the links and hit that little mountain lookin button in the top of the post thingy and backspace the http that is there and copy and paste your http and it will post the pic, or you can get a phtobucket account, it's free and easy and then you just copy and paste the IMG code :D
Got it, thx a lot :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the site

1 - 20 of 21 Posts