Go Pitbull Forums banner

Hello from Washington

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  David H 
#1 ·
I have loved pitbulls forever and finally just got one. He came to us as a rescue that was in a bad situation. I am here to learn as much as possible about these animals. I know there is different breeds of pitbulls and any help narrowing down his exact breed would be greatly appreciated. Here he is and his name is Carlin.

See less See more
#2 ·
Actually there is only one "type" of "pit bull" and thats the American Pit bull Terrier. Other breeds commonly mistaken for would be the American Bully, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier.

As to what your boy is who knows, without a ped or buying through a trusted "legit" breeder theres no way to fully determine the breed or breeds in him.. Your best bet would be just calling him a mix. Shelters, HS and other organizations commonly mislabel breeds, all too commonly.

#3 ·
Thank you. I wondered if there was any way to tell. I don't have much info on him. My wife's friends rescued him at 5 weeks after he was thrown out of a moving car. They had him for 7 months, but one of their dogs didn't get along with him, so they had to find a new home. Just looking at him he looks to have quite a bit of pitbull in him.

#4 ·
Its possible, however i have seen mixes look exactly like purebreds so its generally better not to assume.

Do you have a weight on him? Or different angled pictures?

#9 ·
Welcome to GP :)
we're currently in vacnouver, wa.
where abouts are you? theres an abkc show about 30 min from Spokane this weekend, you should go if you can :)

#13 · (Edited)
Welcome to GP, thank you for saving Carlin, I love his name btw and I am a huge fan of red dogs :D If you have any questions please feel free to ask, tons of great ppl here. :D And you most definately have to post more pics ;D

p.s. KmDogs is right about not knowing what your boy is without papers, and do you plan on getting him neutered??

#14 ·
Hello! Welcome!!!

as you seen above, he's an American Pit Bull Terrier , there is NO brindle pit bull terrier or american red nose pit bull terrier or texas red nose pit bull all that street lingo is not valid in anyway other than possibly the dog has a red nose and roots from texas its not valid .. like they said up there its APBT American Pit Bull Terrier, AST American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bulldog and so on..
.. His color is red nosed red brindled and of course white.

you'll never know without papers or parents and seeing their papers what he his bloodline wise...... just guessing though theres some Jocko/Redboy in there possibly Jeep dunno on that though; Looks like several pups I've dispersed out of my old Jocko, Redboy,Lightner stuff. AGAIN!

You'll never know his lineage without parents and pedigree ;)

he's great looking dog and has a good look to him mentally looking at them eyes, theres tons of drive and its channeled or resereved.. Good lookin dog. Welcome to Gopitbull.com

Loads of good topics, pics, threads, posts, and peeps.. jump right in.

:pup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.