Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone -

Just stopping by to introduce ourselves and Josie, our 8-year-old red brindle pitbull. I'll upload a photo of her when I can figure out how to do that. :)

-- Susie

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Yay! More Massachusetts peeps! :) welcome to GP!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome :) best way we find to upload pctures is using a site like photoshop download to there then resize to 600x or smaller and then copy and paste the "IMG" link from there to here. Hope that helps.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Love me some red brindels welcome can't wait to see your pup

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I use Imgur.com
It's super easy, just drag and drop from your file to the page, then I click on the pic I want to use, select the Large thumbnail size them copy the IMG link :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Welcome :) What part of western mass? I also use photobucket, you can upload and then paste the IMG code in here and we can see your girl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Hello, everyone -

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to go through our photos of Josie and try posting a couple in the next few days.

Ames, we're in the Springfield area. Glad to see more Massachusetts folks, Blue_Nose_Bella!

We rescued Josie in July 2004 from the Thomas J. O'Connor Animal Shelter in Springfield. She had been found wandering State Street in Springfield, already pregnant. When we adopted her, she had been at the shelter for 3 months; we were told that they rarely hold dogs that long, but she was so sweet, they kept her far longer than they normally would. They said that in the last few weeks she was with them, she was getting depressed and wasn't eating much. At her first vet visit, she weighed in at 41 pounds and was estimated to be between 9 months to a year old. She was a scraggly, bony thing, and the fur was completely gone from the tip of her tail and the backs of her knees. Because she likely had poor nutrition in the early part of her life, her front legs are bowed, and she has a pronounced swayback.

I'm happy to say, though, that with lots of love, attention, and a loveseat in the living room all to herself, she is a thriving 65 pound bundle of energy, who brings joy to everyone she meets.

We thank our lucky stars that we went to the shelter on that day in July and found our girl. We simply cannot imagine life without her in it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome - Rick and I look forward to getting to know all of you here and sharing stories and tips! :)

-- Susie

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
great to hear! I am in Quincy, but have spent many days at Umass Amherst. Great story about your pup glad she found you to care for her. Looking forward to your pictures :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts