Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to say hello. My name is Dino Corvino. I am Joe Corvinos son, and Joe Corvinos grandson.

As I have gotten older, I have spent more time looking through old photos of dogs, and dog men. Reading stories and letters.

Now the internet makes this even more exciting for me.

Next summer I am going to try to tour the country looking at places that have our bloodline advertised.

I look forward to reading all the posts here.

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Welcome! I look forward to hearing more about the history from you. Im from the Chicago area so yeah you got my attention! Got any pics to share?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Red Dog.

I will spend this winter scanning, and adding to my flickr site.

I will be down your way in January for the Buddy Guy shows at Legends, so maybe we could get together. Drive by the old house, and blacksmith shop. Which I am sure are apartments.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Nice to have you aboard .... From my understanding the Corvino Bloodline is a very old bloodline but the family of dogs was never maintained or kept around. So to find the blood today in it's purest form I don't think any kennel is producing pure Corvino dogs. You might find pieces of it far back enough in a dogs pedigree. Maybe you know more than I do about this if your Mr. Corvino's Son I am all ears if you have anything you care to share. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadie,

To be honest, I am 100 percent not concerned with the name of a bloodline as it relates to my family. Not to say I do not care, but I think that this is in fact my actual blood line, my grandpa, my dad, me.

There are many dogs there.

But, I hope to find the story of my grandpa. And meet some cool dogs.

I like that my dogs are athletes, and explorers, and goofballs. I like watching them run at our dog park in Weston, which is the best dog park in the history of the world. Seeing my dogs run wide open for long periods, that is so cool.

My dogs are super.

And I have faith in their blood line.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
So do your dogs stem from the Corvino family strain? That's nice you enjoy your dogs. How are your dogs bred if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dogs come from my parents dogs, which came from my grandpas dogs.

They are a couple of knuckle head dudes who are goofs. I trust right now they are both sound asleep in my bed, leaving me with a corner to sleep on.

The thing with me is the life of dogbreeding, and pits has been a part of me literally since the cradle. There are photos of me on the floor curled up with pits since birth.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyones passion.

I want to learn as much about my grandpa as possible. And maybe share stuff about him that some people might not know.

I love seeing pictures of treadmills online, and then laughing at myself at the Y in the morning, knowing that my dad and grandpa used to have dogs on the same device I am on.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Well Dino if you have Pictures and Pedigree's of your dogs I would love to see them. Since everything I have ever read about the Corvino Strain is pretty much that it's non existent today. I know Corvino started breeding in the 1920's and he passed away March 1, 1963 so he's been dead for quite sometime now. I know Joe was a blacksmith and had his own shop. I know there are some Sorrells dogs that go back to the Corvino strain. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing some pictures and if you have pedigree's of your dogs I would love to see them. Welcome to GP

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [21299] :: SORRELLS' BLUE MONDAY

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [2089] :: SORRELLS' RED JERRY

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I thought this line was all but gone as well... Would love to see peds on your dogs... That would be awesome if their were still some pure corvinos out there....

Welcome to GP!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sadie,

No, I do not have papers for my dogs.

I do not mind being called a false prophet. I understand that bloodlines and dogs are important to everyone here.

But, I am who I say I am. Joe was my grandpa. And his son Joe was my father.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
How much do you know about your grandfather's bloodline ( The Corvino line and the dogs behing it) ? You said your dog's come from your parent's which come directly off your grandfather's stock? And then you said you wanted to visit kennels running this family of dogs. What makes you think that anyone is still breeding this family of dogs when it's historically documented that after your grandfather died the line fell apart because it was not being maintained? I am just trying to get a better idea of where you are coming from.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts