Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

New here. Just got back into this breed after going a few years without. Excited to "meet" others with similar interest and maybe learn a thing or two. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm trying to learn my way around this site. Read a few threads now... Can someone tell me what is "Game" and what people are referring to when comparing that to "Bully" ?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts

I'm trying to learn my way around this site. Read a few threads now... Can someone tell me what is "Game" and what people are referring to when comparing that to "Bully" ?
Game and gameness are used to refer to the American Pit Bull Terrier
Bully refers to the American Bully, which was created from the APBT and Am Staff. They are bigger and wider than a pit and don't have near the drive as gamebred dogs, although many do have serious drive.. They were created to be more of a companion while pit bulls were bred to bait bear, boar, and cattle hundreds of years ago and eventually bred for the pit hence the name "pit bull."

Game - Courageous, dexterous, obstinate, spontaneous; bravery and heroism from a noble and self sacrificing devotion; a contest lasting until a result is obtained

Gamedog - A proven game, deep game or dead game fighting dog

Gameness - A very hard to obtain, courageous, dexterous, obstinate, spontaneous grade of game. Once obtained it is very hard to hold onto. Once lost it is impossible to obtain again, except through sheer luck occasionally or many years of breeding, conditioning, and culling

Gamester - A person who makes a business of gambling

Game Test - To test the degree of gameness by consecutively rolling and scratching a dog after tiring, to a fresh dog

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the definitions! I was reading threads, and I heard them being referred to in the convo's but never had the "meaning" behind what they were discussing!

Mucho helpful! Thanks again! :clap:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Welcome to GP!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
These days I think Game tends to be linked with the ADBA style dog... Bully seems to go toward they shorter, wide heavier dogs.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
:welcome: Good to have you aboard :) Most times when you are reading a convo where they are talking about a game dog they are probably talking about and old fight dog. And bully is short for American Bully. As has been stated above they are two separate breeds created with different purposes. They are similar in looks but bred completely different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank everyone, Finding lots of good info already!

I don't have any real good pics of Ty right now on this computer... I'll have to see if I can find some later...

Anyway, here he is (please forgive the yellow eyes... cell phone pics are not the best)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts