Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am a owner of a beautiful pit bull by the name of "Moose"...yes Moose. ;) He is very obedient and is house trained the only thing I find unusual is that he does not bark EVER! He will growl occasionally if he is bothered while sleeping but never barks. Any input on this would be nice. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
How old is Moose? My Gargamel didn't bark til he was about 8 months and never for play or fun, just when nervous. Mel is scared of balloons. I was a kids Birthday party and all the kids had balloons tied around his wrists, jeesh I almost freaked when he started barking at every kid who approached. One didn't have a balloon and Mel was all wags and sniffing, I figured it out, hightailed it out of there and apologized to him the whole ride home lol. Now at 2 years he barks maybe if the curtain moves funny, at balloons ( god forbid there are open houses with them flying all around on walks, he needs to cross the street to get away from those evil things!!) and Kites or if there are noises outside out house. And then night only, daytime he isn't as nervous about it. But yeah, I think its normal. I think Gargamel being scared of balloons on the other hand is NOT hahaha

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Vendetta will only bark if she thinks something is dangerous. Scared the crap out of me one night we were waiting for my son to finish Tae Kwon Do and I had laid back in the seat my girl was siting up front looking out the window when all of a sudden she let out a bark. A guy in a dark jacket walked past the car and tapped the window. I bet he peed his pants.

·
Registered
859 Posts
hmmm depends on the dog. My Gizmo was barking at 2 months my other dog Ashes started barking around 4 months

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is moose an only dog? I have a small pack lol and they`re very vocal with one another in a very broad spectrum, they make all sorts of noises to each other including whines and moan combos that sounds like little girls lol.

My girl my mom kept is a lab/pitbull and its very very rare for her to bark. She low growls and if she feels in danger or threatened she will bark once or twice. I would suppose just like some people, some dogs just dont talk much.

Welcome to GoPitbull.

Btw I love the name Moose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts