Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mike...I was at my local animal shelter, enquiring about the next date for free neutering/spaying for my whippet puppy, when I saw a Pitbull puppy (about 5/6 months old) in an outside encloser. However I don't think she was pure, because she had a slight Boxer look about her face. Anyway I enquired about her and asked if she was up for adoption...the answer was NO, because the City Ordnance forbids Pitbulls being adopted, so she will more than likely be euthanized. Well to cut a long story short, I said she was a mix, and the sympathetic officer said she maybe a lab/pitbull mix ;) ...so I take delivery in about 2 weeks after she is spayed :clap:.
I am retired, so have lots of time for training. Currently I have a terrier mix, who is training for Flyball, and my whippet I would like her to get into Agility. I have seen several videos of pitbulls doing agility, so this may be a good avenue for "Bella" (saved by the bell!).

Thanks,

Mike

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
How awesome they agreed to let you adopt her. That's great. We have quite a few people here who do agility with their dogs. Lisa aka performanceknls has some of the best APBT's out there, she'd be the one to ask about starting agility :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
YAY!!! So great of you to be able to adopt! And so happy the shelter was able to work with you on it. Welcome to the group!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Congrats! Snuck one out the back door ;) good for u!

Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts