Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just became the mom of a 6 week old blue nose pit. Just here to learn new things and meet people !! look forward to getting to know everyone

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Welcome, lots of good information and knowledge here.. Though i will point out to you that there is no such thing as a "blue nose pit".. This is a term highly used throughout BYB's as a selling point. There is only one "kind" of "pit bull" and thats the American Pit Bull Terrier. Other breeds including American Bully, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, etc all fall under the same "pit bull" title under most laws and public perception.

If your lovely pup is blue chances are you have yourself an American Bully, American Staffordshire Terrier or some mix of either...or both. Blue is not a common color the APBT as this color in the old days was not a color sought after because it wasn't considered a proper bulldog color. The genes that create this "color" (a dilute black) is virtually non-existant in the breed though you do have the occasional pop up..

Regardless of what you have welcome, the community has a bit of everyone so i'm sure you'll fit in. :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
^What KM said.

Also you may want to check out some threads on bite inhibition. 6 weeks is a little young to be away from the rest of the litter so your pup is going to miss out on some important learning skills from being separated before she should have been.

The good news is that you're in the right place to gain some invaluable knowledge on the breed(s) known as "pit bull". Welcome to GP!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Thank you for the info!
I will definitely read up bite inhibition again thank you so much.
No problem and good catch Carriana must of not seen the age of the pup or something. :hammer:

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Welcome :D hope to see pics of your pup soon

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome and I agree pics are needed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts