Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my family and I are excited to have our newest member. He's a 10 month old Bully mix that was rescued from Manhattans doggy death row. I'm here to learn and this seems like the place for me. We've had him for about 4 days now and all in all he's a great pup so far. He seems to be overly playful in the evening just before bed time, and he is "playfully" rough with our 14 year old son. I'm almost wondering if he feels like he's competing for a spot in the litter? It's not aggressive behavior, but he's hard to calm down and mainly with my son. In fact he hardly seems to notice my daughter. Leash training is a bit rough as well, he wants to constantly pull. I'm not allowing it, but by stopping it just seems to be pissing him off more than anything. Any advice would be appreciated. But I guess I'll save the Q & A for another thread. Sorry about that, really just wanted to introduce myself and my new friend Rogers.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sounds like you have a hard headed little pup which sometimes happens lol. I have a lil female that would raise her lip at the lead and look at me like " why do you let it control me mother " lol Patience is key and raising a puppy is very much like raising your kids. Time outs work for them just as well if they are overly exited and need a minute. They puppy may like your boy more than the girl which is why he gets more exited so it is important that your son take part in teaching the manners and teaching the puppy to respect the members of the family. Are you crate training the puppy? Take some time to read though the forum and ask questions as they come along. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are crate training him and he is taking to it very well. We've also found a very nice pit friendly (and knowledgeable) school for dogs that we're enrolling in. I will be reading the forums, thank you.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Welcome! Lots of great information on here. Post some pics when you have a chance would love to see your pup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts