Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name's Kelly, I'm a 20 year old student and huge animal lover. I just got my second dog, her name is Lily and she is a pittbull-mastiff mix. Would've loved a pure bred pittbull but unfortunately they are illegal in Ontario. Hopefully I won't run into any problems with her ending up looking too much like a pure bred pittbull.
She's around 3 or 4 months old.

Here she is cuddling with my other dog Cole (he's the sweetest dog, a husky shepherd and collie mutt). This is how they spend most of the day.

Here she is taking a snooze on my pillow.

And here she is chilling on my friend's lap.

She's docile and very shy, but she gives Cole a run for his money when they play together. She's generally good with people but seems to prefer women to men though, which is definitely annoying my boyfriend.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hi, Kelly. Welcome to GP.

You have a very sweet looking pup (Cole too). You get dogs that prefer one gender to another. My female is good with both sexes but loves men!

As to running into trouble because of her breed or make-up, I'd just call her a Mastiff mix if anyone asks. If she has mastiff blood in her she's likely to be bigger and heavier than the average APBT anyway and I doubt anyone will question you.

KMdogs has started an excellent thread on this very topic today! http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...og-reasons-not-call-them-apbts-pit-bulls.html
The paragraph on avoiding political crossfire is especially pertinent to your situation.

Stick around and we hope to see you post more!

Reactions: KMdogs

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your pup has some huge paws gonna be a big girl.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awww what a sweet face. I don't think anyone will question you. From the look of the pup and the wrinkles I'd say she's going to look more mastiff when she's mature ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts